AMHA Studbook Online

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
amhr put one of my shows on there and its horrible. It shows no placings or points just the class list of the show. Last time I checked my horses points amhr still wasnt showing the points for that show because they are on horsestudbook.
Yes they wont have points on both sites but Kay I got everything to come up for your show in OH including all the measurements of all the horses.

YOu dont need to "sign in" just click on the AMHR site and then it will let you navigate around the whole site and all the shows.

When I say the AMHR site I mean the little logo on the horsestudbook.com site and then it will get you where you need to go.

I had issues signing in as well but when I quit trying to sign in and just used the little logo on the right.. I can navigate the whole site

Last edited:
Hi lisa this is the first time i have been able to see the class placings. But notice the points cant be right. I was told by the office to ignore the points. If you go to top 20 horses, it shows that jet got 7760 for this show
default_smile.png
so my question when i talked to the office was how are his points going to be correct if a whole show is missing. But they said they would get it straightened out. Then again when I try to do life time to date on the aspc studbook it shows zero for last year and jet showed a lot last year and won at congress so should be showing points from that year. Its kinda important as we are wanting to get his hall of fame next year but I have no idea what his points and championships are. When I try to go to any of the other pages all i get is error pages. Cant see the judges card etc

Oh well i guess they will get it working someday
default_wacko.png
:

I just renewed with AMHA for the regular Stud Book on line and I see it was $40.00 so that must from now until Jan. when the new system kicks in. I have tried the new one but hate it so far. Suppose I will have to get used to it eventually if that is going to be that.

Why did AMHA have to replace a good thing?????????? Sounds like a bad move to me but won't grouch too much until I give it a try when the time comes.

Joyce L

I was one of the board members kicking and screaming no until I was sure that we have safeguards in place to protect us if the creator of the system turns and runs.

We have a good contract with him, at mutually agreed upon intervals, AMHA's lawyer is sent a full copy of all of the source code for the software along with copies of the database.

Why are we doing this?

This software is intended to allow AMHA and members to manage all of our data online from registering foals electronically, submitting stallion reports, entering shows, checking points. The software will have built in edits so if you put the wrong sire on a registration application for a foal, it will go check the stallion report to verify if the mare was on the report and if not, you will get notified on the spot.

Many many things it can do for the office as far as tying in to accounts payable/receivable, etc, it will take the human time invested in processing paperwork down to a smaller amount, and HEY! That means we can avoid having to increase fees.

Show results can be uploaded immediately and seen by all.

What you don't understand is that the current computer system is about to die for good, it has hit its limits. It crashes a lot, and is so hard to maintain because it is written in such old technology that support for it no longer exists. Just call it the Latin of the computer languages.

AMHA owns the data, and will own the software as well. The south african is hosting it on his servers here in the USA. He does not own it.

AMHA does not own the current studbook, we have to pay someone to host and maintain it and all it does is the studbook. Period, that is it. Nothing more, not connected to any other systems, of no use other than reference.

Change is always difficult, but it is a necessary evil.

I just tried looking my two year old show mare up to check her points, and she doesn't exist according to the Horsestudbook, and neither do most of her siblings. However, my 2007 foals are already in there!
default_wacko.png
:

Has anyone else noticed it doesn't give results for the AMHA World show, but it does for Regionals/Championship? So in this new system, we can't even tell if a horse is a World or Reserve World Champ like we can with the current system.

I hope the new studbook serves up all they promise - it is, as mentioned, a work in progress. I thought AMHA's old studbook was very limiting. It's simple to navigate and serves a purpose, but AQHA and some of the other big breeds have had online records for years that allow you to access a horse's entire show or produce record, access by horse, by owner or exhibitor, etc. AQHA is set up a little differently too - with a membership you are credited $10 a month worth of "free" access, anything over that you must pay for. Records are priced per look up. It may take awhile to get this rolling, get the bugs out and educate all of us but when and if it's fully operational I think it will be great and something AMHA (and AMHR) need.

Jan

Jodi, thank you for clarifying the issues. I, for one, am hoping and praying that this thing will work as intended when it's all finiished. AMHA has been running on terribly outdated technology for some time now and for us to not even own our OWN stud book information!!!!!!!!! Oh Geez! Not a good business idea at all! I'll be so glad when that is fixed!

Charlotte

So...what happened to the brand new computer system we spent all that money on not so long ago- the one that was supposed to have all the bells and whistles and be worth the thousands of dollars we spent on it??

Here we go again people- this seems to happen every so many years- is it a leap year???
default_rolleyes.gif
:

Next thing we know the AMHA will be if financial difficulties YET AGAIN!!

It isn't broke, AMHA why on earth are you spending $350,000.00 of the MEMBERS money on fixing it???????

You know what??

I have just about had it with the AMHA.

It is broke.

It must be replaced.

I don't know how to make it more clear than that. :eek:

I have passed along your comments, especially on the lack of response to your complaints to our committee chair, who has printed off this thread and is as unhappy with that lack of responsiveness as I am.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well folks I realize that it isnt running to its full capabilities yet but.. other breeds are using this same program as well I think if everyone gives it a chance it will be fine. It does have the ability to be wonderful for show info as it can be updated right away I think it has great possibilities just needs some time

Will there be a charge to use the Horsestudbook (or whatever the name of the new version is) - or will it be free as it is now? If free, then isn't the AMHA going to lose a lot of money from those of use who have been paying $75 a year for the Studbook Online? And if there will be a charge for the new version, how will that be phased in?

Will there be a charge to use the Horsestudbook (or whatever the name of the new version is) - or will it be free as it is now? If free, then isn't the AMHA going to lose a lot of money from those of use who have been paying $75 a year for the Studbook Online? And if there will be a charge for the new version, how will that be phased in?
Please correct me if I am wrong, but the AMHA did not own the previous studbook. They paid to set it up, they paid to keep it updated, and then the majority of your subscription money was paid to the man who owned it. That system really did not work.

Does the committee have a deadline in place for a fully functional studbook?

Last edited by a moderator:
It is broke.It must be replaced.

I don't know how to make it more clear than that.
Jody - you could make it as clear as day and itemize every single detail - and some would still gripe about it - and/or find a conspiracy behind it somewhere. It sounds like once all the kinks are worked out that it will be a huuuuuge leap in progress from the current online studbook.

And yes - unfortunately, technology costs. That is a fact of life. And every year the technology - and the demands on it - increase.... wishing it was not so will not change a thing. Let's try it out for a while before we decide it to condemn it...

I am looking forward to using the new studbook - with all the bells & whistles...
default_yes.gif
:

Thanks! I have been in IT for over 20 years, so am very familiar with the huge resistance to change and the inability to understand a work in progress which is why I was so resistant to this being released so early.

Of all of the comments here, the one that I took to heart and took action on was the problem of no responses to complaints. That is unacceptable and we are dealing with it.

One thing people don't understand, and I think it comes from the name of the software is that this isn't just a studbook. This is the entire office software package and will manage the workflow from start to finish, tracking the money, paper, etc, and also has a horse show management piece which has been the higher priority lately due to the old, old, old software on its last gasps. That software was based on DOS and is crashing like crazy so that replacement has been the main focus recently.

It sounds like it is going to be a great system.

Will there be a charge to use the Horsestudbook (or whatever the name of the new version is) - or will it be free as it is now?

Does the committee have a deadline in place for a fully functional studbook, or completed software package with all the bells and whistles?

Why on earth purchase a DOS based program for $350K in the year 2003?

That, to me, was poor investment planning, void of strategic thought.

Please refer to the www.horsestudbook.com topic listed in this forum.

Regards

Mark Haupt

President

www.horsestudbook.com

Back