AMHA Studbook Online

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Clarks Ltd Edition

Reaction score
I renewed my AMHA on line Stud Book Membership, and was told after December it would not be on the AMHA website
default_wacko.png
: After December you would have to go to the website:

http://www.horsestudbook.com

This website is owned by someone in South Africa?? I do not understand!

[SIZE=12pt]Have to admit - I'm not impressed with what I just saw there. No comparison to Studbook Online.[/SIZE]

Barbie

I've met the man from S. Africa who owns the new site, but can't recall his name. He was very nice and all I've heard are great things about him and his program. I think you'll all be pleased once it's up. Hopefully someone who knows more will post...

Hi Denise There has been a link to it there on AMHA all year, you can search here at LB to find the discusions about it. It's a mess if you ask me, and since this thread kind of did I'll put in my 2cents worth.

AMHA has spent a HUGE - HUGE sum of money for this mess. Mess is the nicest word I can use for it as I see it right now.

I see NO reason what so ever at this stage in the game that this format is not working as it should. Let me know if you sign up and see all your horses there and can actually use it.

I got one email thanking me for signing up and that was 5 months ago, I can login and then it shows as "guest" and.....

Try to navigate and you get errors such as this one:

Server Error in '/' Application.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Parser Error

Description: An error occurred during the parsing of a resource required to service this request. Please review the following specific parse error details and modify your source file appropriately.

Parser Error Message: The tag contains duplicate 'Tooltip' attributes.

Source Error:

Line 59: <bcl:LayoutItem VerticalAlign="Top" runat="server">

Line 60: <asp:Button Text="Edit" Tooltip="Edit" Id="wbtnEdit" OnCommand="btnEdit_Click" CssClass="ItemButton" runat="server" />

Line 61: <asp:Button Text="Load Picture" Tooltip="Edit" Id="wbtnNewPic" OnCommand="btnNewPic_Click" Tooltip="Load a new picture" CssClass="ItemButton" runat="server" />

Line 62: <asp:Button Text="Documents" Tooltip="Edit" Id="wbtnDocuments" OnCommand="btnDocuments_Click" Tooltip="Documents" CssClass="ItemButton" runat="server" />

Line 63: <asp:Button Text="Notes" Tooltip="Edit" Id="wbtnNotes" OnCommand="btnNotes_Click" Tooltip="Notes" CssClass="ItemButton" runat="server" />

Source File: /pages/MyProfile.aspx Line: 61

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.832; ASP.NET Version:2.0.50727.832

We can all go to "All Breed Pedigree".com and see a top notch database script that is worth the money it would take to impliment it. Our regular good old current AMHA stud book is wonderful, this new one so far is CRAP and Expensive Crap is the worst kind. I certainly hope the current stud book is not taken down after Dec.?? Unless I am missing something there is no way this new expensive stud book will be functioning properly in 90 days.

My neighbors and others I know have tried to sign up for that studbook with no luck- they just keep getting an error message. Also, no horses show up in 'my horses' and I dont know how to get them there. There is a contact email on there, but I got NO answer or response to questions I had, nor to the problem with new users not being able to sign in.

Laurie you are right -NO answers to any of my emails and No one has ever answered the phone. An email and phone number was sent with the welcome email if I need any help. But try to get some answers!

I also just renewed the online studbook and was told the same thing. Starting Jan 1 we will be using the new program, I just hope it becomes more user friendly by then. right now I can't find anything.

For what it is worth, I was on the AMHA Board of Directors when this was voted on and I was adamantly opposed to it and the rest of this new computer system that was pushed at us. It was voted at the annual meeting in San Antonio in February 2003 to spend $350,000 on a new computer system. That money and more was spent with still no working system and we now are spending lots more money on yet another wonder system that smells just like the others to me. I sure hope I am wrong (and according to my wife that happens a lot).

i can log in but thats about it. Everytime i go in its different. Sometimes i can find my horses but most of the time i cant. I think amhr is also going to this right?? Seems like a huge mess to me and for that kind of money it really shouldnt take this long to get it running right.

For my 2 cents worth...I have tried several times as well...and all I have EVER gotten are those blasted error messages. I always thought that WE were totally ripped, at $350,000. for a "program"...now we all know it.

The problem is that this is a work in progress and the studbook is far from being done. This is going to be much more than just a studbook. You will be able to fill out registration etc. online. It will run the shows also. The old studbook is still working and has just been updated, and yeah I like it better also.

FYI ASPC and AMHR have already signed on. Their project will probably go much faster since the learning curve is being worked out on AMHA.

I have had NOTHING but trouble with the new book. My horses are never there, and most of the time I can't even get to the pages because I always get an ERROR. If it changes to that one full time, they better shape it up!
default_rolleyes.gif
:

That's what I've heard, Libby, that it's a huge undertaking and it's going to take time to put together, but once it's finished it's supposed to be awesome.

$350K sounds crazy for "just a program," but I'm curious what that amount breaks down into?

see thats what I dont understand. With as much trouble as amha is having why on earth did amhr/aspc sign up and pay for it too? amhr put one of my shows on there and its horrible. It shows no placings or points just the class list of the show. Last time I checked my horses points amhr still wasnt showing the points for that show because they are on horsestudbook.

this has been on going for some time now (over a year isnt it?) and i think people are justified to have lost patientce with it.

I think the creator of this program is laughing all the way to the bank. Other registries have had forms etc available online for quite some time. I dont know why its so hard for us?

_mininik_ said:
That's what I've heard, Libby, that it's a huge undertaking and it's going to take time to put together, but once it's finished it's supposed to be awesome.

$350K sounds crazy for "just a program," but I'm curious what that amount breaks down into?
The $350,000 I mentioned was not for this program/system. It was for the one that was presented to the general membership in 2003. It was supposed to be a complete turn key package with all of the show management features and the online registration and other membership services that this latest one also is supposed to provide. That money was spent and we have virtually nothing to show for it which makes me very leery of this latest endeavor.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't know if this program is going to work or not. But with all endeavours there will be some trial and error. It also takes time to get databases transferred and all the bugs worked out. I was at World last year when the guy came to propose the system. They already had a live version in place for another horse association and the lady had nothing but good things to say.

I know 350,000 sounds like alot but at some of my previous employers, they paid close to a half million dollars for a program that doesn't do half of what this is suppose to (not a horse industry but accounting) and one hospital I worked for was trying to develop a program themselves by hiring programmers and paid close to a million then scrapped the project due to bugs they encountered (of course too a deduction on the ole tax rolls).

Anyway, I am reserving my opinion till after it is "live" and after a reasonable amount of time to work the bugs out.

I hadn't tried the HorseStudbook in days, but after reading the thread logged on again. Oddly enough, for the first time since I signed up it's working for me today. Our horses are still not showing under our name, and I have to go to the home page to start a new search, but at least it's an improvement. That said, I also prefer AMHA's current studbook to HorseStudbook's.

Latest posts

Back