AMHA show in Shelbyville...QUESTIONS

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lil Timber Buck

Reaction score
I see it starts at 9 am. Has anyone ever been and stayed until the end? When does it end usually. I know it depends on how many show up but MAN there are a lot of classes. Are all the classes in the clasonic arena? There are 153 classes and that seems impossible in one day in one arena. I need to know whether or not to go up the night before. Has anyone used the RV hookups? Are you still required to get a stall if you keep your horse in his 4-stall horse trailer BIGGEER than the stall they have???? THANKS

Call Dixi she will be able to help you. The A part is smaller then the R part .

Hey Amy. Most people get there on Thursday and people do use the RV hook ups. The show lasts until Sunday. They do not allow anyone showing out of their trailers.

Remain calm! You'll be fine!

My pony isn't meant for showing :p He's just my pal, and a pleasure driver.

Next weekend, meaning the weekend after thunder?

Last edited by a moderator:
Nathan, I believe you are talking about the Shelbyville, KY show. It is May 19 & 20. Come on out and enjoy.

The AMHA show is on Sunday only. Yes there are lots of classes but not lots of horses. The show will be over in the early afternoon. All of the classes will be in the Calsonic arena.

On Friday and Saturday there is the AMHR show with minis and ponies. There are lots of classes and lots of horses. It also is all in the Calsonic arena. There are some RV hookups and several exhibitors do use them. The R show last much longer because there are many more horses. It is a really fin weekend with great horses and great people.

I wonder why not a lot of A horses. Shoot, if we could have gone up for A only on Sunday and showed out of the trailer just for one class I would have tried to go.

Okay...one last question. Say we get there and get the "official" measurement by the officials to be 34 inches. He is only 10 months old whish I believe qualifies him as a yearling at the show. They have to be 32 inches or less to show in anything right?

Yes, for AMHA, he'd have to measure 32" or less as a yearling. He won't lose his papers if he measures over that, but he won't be able to show.

Latest posts

Back