AMHA rule book question

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Riverrose28

Reaction score
Help! I don't have a current rule book and have a question. Last year I bought a yearling colt with the intention of having him gelded to be shown by my grand children. He just dropped fully last week. I have entered him in the two year old stallion classes for our first show April 19. I plan on having him gelded when we get back. If he earns any points at this show, then they be transfered to him if he shows in the gelding classes for the rest of the year?

Thanks Jean, with my dial up it would take hours to load the rulebook. I think I'll ask Laura at the show. Or maybe they'll have a current rule book mine is very outdated.

From the rule book:

Pg 171, WS-030 Sec D

Points earned as a stallion for World qualification will carry over

to geldings qualification should the horse be gelded. This does not

apply for Honor Roll Awards.

Honor roll points are per horse per class/division. So points earned as a stallion will only apply to stallion hi point. Points earned as a gelding = gelding hi point.

Hey Terry--

I have a 2011 AMHA rule book I wouldn't mind passing on. If you PM me your address I can mail it to you.

AMHA will send you a free copy of the 2013 rule book. All you need to do is request it.

Back