AMHA Questions

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MiniLover2006

Reaction score
I feel kinda stupid asking these questions, so please bare with me. I know from experience that you guys are great with answering questions.....
default_yes.gif
:

What does it mean....From the AMHA "Work Oder Form"

Temporary to permanent within 6 months Stallion- $50

Temporary to permanent after 6 months Stallion- $100

I have only had my colt for a month now and he is about 18 months old. If that helps. Which one do I need?

I know I need-

FOAL REGISTRATION - $45

ONE OWNER TRANSFER AFTER 6 MONTHS - $25

ONE OWNER TRANSFER WITHIN 6 MONTHS- $15

YOUTH MEMBERSHIP- $5

I know I don't need a DNA test because that was already done.

When do I pay for all of this? When I send in the paperwork or??

default_wub.png
: Thanks so much and if I am missing anything please let me know.
default_unsure.png
:

Temporary to Permanent happens when a horse turns five years old. Unless your horse is turning five, you don't need to pay for this yet.

Also:

ONE OWNER TRANSFER AFTER 6 MONTHS - $25

ONE OWNER TRANSFER WITHIN 6 MONTHS- $15

Unless you are transfering two horses (one within six months and one after six months), you will only need to pay one of these fees. You are either transfering your horse within six months of the date of sale ($15.) or after six months of the date of sale ($25.).

Send the appropriate fees along with your work order. It's been awhile since they got any money out of me, but I believe AMHA accepts checks or money orders, etc. (Call to be sure.)

mininik- OHHHHHHHHH..!!!!!!..It makes sense now! I get it! :aktion033: :new_shocked:

So I don't need that now.....THANK YOu!

default_wub.png
:
default_wacko.png
:
default_smile.png

Edit to add: Well see I need the first owner transfer because the people I bought him from and then the second owner transer from those people to me......

Breeder

"Those People"---first owner transfer

To me-----second owner transfer

default_wacko.png
:

Last edited by a moderator:
lf the colt is 18 months already registered and you've only had him a month the transfer fee within 6 months is 15 for a member or 30 non member. lf he was already Typed he has papers right?? And don't forget to send pictures with the transfer fee and the signed transfer with the height on the back. :bgrin

Relic- No he isn't registered.....This is what I am trying to figure out so I know I will have enough money ready......

Yeah....I know about the $15 transer fee because I have to do that with my mare....

So there is no problem a new registration over 12 months to 24 months is 45 for a member or 85 for a non member. :bgrin And pictures good clear ones for faster service.

I suggest you get his paperwork sent in now! If you wait until after the first of the year, if he isn't registered, he will have to be DNA'd and PQ'd to get his papers. Meaning that his sire and dam will also have to be DNA'd if they are not.

Oh ok.....I am going to print out everything I need tomorrow in school because I don't have a printer. I will fill out everything and then send the papers to Hairicane to fill out and as soon as I get those back they will be on there way to AMHA. And I can't forget the pictures....

I need to make a check list....

Can I pay for my Youth Membership at the same time I am wanting to do all this??

Becky- Even though we have The stallion breeding report for 2004 has been submitted and both Sire and Dam has been DNA tested it still has to be turned in before the new year....

Melissa Leyva(she is the one who answered some my questions about the registration) said- If you get the horses papers in the office before it is two years old you would not have to parent qualify for that reason.

Thanks every one for all of your help!

Last edited by a moderator:
I would like to clarify, the horse for the purposes of determining need for PQ at two has to be a full 24 months, not the age on Jan 1. So if it is after Jan 1 and the horse is not yet 24 months old, you don't have to PQ.

Jody, I am not certain that that is true. I think that the actual birthday is only used for the temp to perm, but that January 1 is used for all other deadlines, unless it has changed since I was involved with the office, which wasn't all that long ago.

Just to be sure, I would sure try to get the packet to the office before the first of the year.

As Tony said, I believe AMHA is using Jan 1.

I purchased a late yearling colt one time whose actual 2 yr birthday was in June. I sent in the paperwork to register him as he had not been. Even though the paperwork was in the office well before his actual 2nd birthday ( I think it was Jan when I submitted it), he had to be PQ'd and his sire and dam DNA'd.

I am basing this on a conversation with Wanda a year or so ago when I had a mare that was at the time 19 months and not yet registered. She told me at that time that I had until 24 months before I would have to PQ her to get her registered.

Being a terrible procrastinator, I missed even that deadline and had to dna and pq because she was almost 3 before I registered her. Decided I would have PQ'd her anyway, to make her more marketable from her pedigree.

Latest posts

Back