AMHA progeny closing ?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CS Classic Acres

Reaction score
So does anyone know if the AMHA is closing the hardship progeny when they close the regular hardship? I have heard yes and no. Even had a friend call the AMHA office and they didn't give a definitive answer. Just wondering if anyone knows for sure , Or maybe has an opinion?
default_unsure.png

I had just assumed it was all hardshipping, including progeny. Would be really nice if progeny stayed open-I have a few mares I'd like to progeny hardship, but still saving up to do it. I don't think I'll get them all done by the time the registry closes.

I would like to bump this up as I am curious as to the answer as well. I talked to a director that said "progeny should never close" and called the office who didnt have a direct yes or no just said they assumed it was closing but didnt know for sure????? I also have some foals I would love to progeny hardship but since they wont be 3 in time arent eligible if they do in fact close it. I have to agree with the director I talked to though that it should not close for any reason since both parents are AMHA.

You do not need to wait until they are 3 to progeny hardship.

O didnt realize that, I thought they still had to be inspected at that age but now re reading the how to pages I see that they just have to be inspected and under the age height requirements for show. That makes me feel better about that but still want to know if they are closing the progeny hardship for future reference
default_rolleyes.gif

Now I just feel a little blonde LOL!

Last edited by a moderator:
I would like to bump this up as I am curious as to the answer as well. I talked to a director that said "progeny should never close" and called the office who didnt have a direct yes or no just said they assumed it was closing but didnt know for sure????? I also have some foals I would love to progeny hardship but since they wont be 3 in time arent eligible if they do in fact close it. I have to agree with the director I talked to though that it should not close for any reason since both parents are AMHA.
I called the former AMHA president, and yes, progeny is also closing. The whole hardship section is being removed and nothing can come in after 2013.

Latest posts

Back