AMHA or AMHR Registered, or both?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

luvmyracker

Reaction score
When looking to purchase a horse, what registry do you look for the horse to be registered with? I tend to look for horse that are dual registered.

Prefer AMHA/AMHR, but if not double registered, definitely AMHA because I can hardship easier into AMHR.

Prefer AMHA/AMHR, but if not double registered, definitely AMHA because I can hardship easier into AMHR.
Yep
default_yes.gif

Breeding horses, imo, should be dual registered( mines triple registered)

I totally agree w/ ruffian too.

default_yes.gif

Breeding horses, imo, should be dual registered( mines triple registered)

I totally agree w/ ruffian too.

default_yes.gif
Do you mind if i ask why?

I prefer AMHR only. If not AMHR, then ASPC. AMHR/ASPC double reg is fine as well. I only have one horse that is amha, luckly he is AMHR as well. I look for AMHR horses, if they have AMHA papers the that is no problem but they must have AMHR papers. Of course, you can easily hardship an amha horse into amhr. I just like dealing with AMHR more.

When I first started I thought horses had to be AMHA/AMHR. I no longer subscribe to that theory. A great horse is great no matter what registry their papers fall into. Now several years later I had to make a decision to narrow down to 2 registries as keeping up with 3 was just too much. For ME I picked AMHR & ASPC. Since there are so few AMHA shows in my area it just made more sense to stick with ASPC/AMHR

We have shown only AMHR, but stretching ourselves this year out to ASPC, so our horses have to have either or both of those registries. If I do have AMHA papers I keep them up to date, and will buy an only AMHA horse and hardship over into AMHR. AMHA is not a must to me, but I do keep my membership and any papers going with those horses, in other areas it is a must to some so the resell value alone on those is worth keeping up.

When looking to buy I prefer double registered minis/shetlands...AMHA/AMHR or ASPC/AMHR. If it's AMHA only, I'll hardship into AMHR. If it's ASPC only, I'll hardship into AMHR.

I believe that double registered horses hold their value more, regardless of AMHA/AMHR or ASPC/AMHR.

I tend to show AMHR only but may do an AMHA show this year. I am planning on showing an ASPC only horse this year as well. Totally looking forward to that!
default_yes.gif

If the miniature is under 34 - then amha/amhr - if over 34 - then aspc/amhr - although we have some triple registered amha/amhr/aspc registered stock - with several more aspc/amhr horses who are going to mature under 34 and thus will be hardshipped into amha when of age. Although we primarily show amhr/aspc, the additional registration of amha provides our customer base with more options.

I like AMHR, as I like the taller minis. I guess I wouldn't mind a couple ASPC/AMHR registered horses. I do have an AMHA registered stallion, but he will probably be hardshipped AMHR this spring.

I prefer AMHA/AMHR though I have a few who are only AMHA. They will be hardshipped to AMHR in the future. My horses are all 34" or under.

I only show AMHA,( and I do have to travel for those shows) but feel that the horses I sell should have 2 registries or are eligible for 2 registries. Just about all of my breeding stock is double registered for that reason.

I am not into pony's so I do not care about the other registries.

I have AMHR horses. A couple are double registered with AMHA. But AMHA isn't too important for me becuase the AMHA shows here are pretty small and not competative enough. I would have to travel pretty far to get to more competative A shows. So we show AMHR. My mare is double regsitered and I'm planning on breeding her to a double registered stallion only becuase resell value seems to sell them a bit easier to out of state people. But as far as buying a horse, they for sure must be R registered.

When shopping I want AMHA/AMHR, all I own are AMHA/AMHR except for one B size mare who is only AMHR. I've found the market in my area is for double registered, or at least AMHA, they bring the best prices.

I also have a few who are Falabella (FMHA) and Falabella Blend (FBR) registered, so they are triple registered.

Since the question was AMHA/AMHR or both, I double register all of my horses. I breed horses that are 34" and under and find that horses double registered in both registries satisfies the needs of all miniature enthusiasts. If I buy a horse that is AMHA only, I register it into AMHR as well. If I buy one that is AMHR only, I hardship it into AMHA. There is a large market out there for both registries and I want to have horses available to meet the needs of every miniature buyer.
default_smile.png

Back