AMHA Membership Meeting

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Did you watch the meeting? (read below before answering?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Neil

Reaction score
There has been a lot of discussion about what happen at the recent AMHA Membership Meeting and in the past there have been discussions about wanting to participate at the meeting online and also be able to vote on rules changes, officer elections and any motions made. For the first time we have been able to watch and listen to the membership meeting as it progressed for a day and a half.

My pole above is to see how many people watched the meeting. But, I would like that when you vote yes that you did more than just check it out for a short while and leave. To vote yes I would lke to know that you watched long enough that you listened to proposed rule changes, listen to the conversations pro and con and make a rational decision on how you would have voted while the voting at the meeting was going on. This also extends on to the nominations of officers, a description of thier qualifications and the final voting.

If you can say that you watched enough to understand what was going on and could make a rational vote please vote YES.

If you did not watch or watched but didn't stay long or pay attention to the descussions please vote NO.

I watched the majority of it. Dumb me, I was thinking it started at 1 on Friday afternoon. Planned all day for that. Worked in the barn Fri morning with the intention of being in before 1. Cammie called just a little before 12 and said the meeting was going to start. What??? :DOH! I realized it started at 1 EST and that would be 12 CST!
default_rolleyes.gif
Oh well, missed the first hour on Fri. Sat I watched all day but the video feed was pretty poor in the afternoon and it cut in and out. I did stick it out though and I do feel that I know better the processes that go on and I feel a lot more informed than if I had just heard the information second hand!
default_aktion033.gif

I agree with Becky it was great to be informed from the source then second hand. What a wonderful world of technology we live in. I watch all day friday and most of the day sat.

In the first place I could not get the link to work so I could not watch. Secondly, Why is the vote only given to people ABLE to attend the meeting? The only way I could have attended is if the meeting were held in my town (which it was not)? Why don't they make changes giving the entire membership the ability to vote via mail? I know the results aren't out as fast but, I think it is more fair. That way if you didn't vote don't complain.

I watched it for about 2-3 hours total Friday and Saturday.. I would have watched more, but I didn't have time!
default_smile.png

I watched and could hear quite well, almost the entire time the first day and most of the second day.

I loved having it broadcast on line and sat glued to it most of the time.

Susan O.

I watched some both days but, I listened to just about all of it. I too don't have a lot of extra time but felt this was important to all members so fortunately I had a lot of computer work that needed to be done so i just opened another window and continued on with my work while still having the sound to hear the entire meeting. I was very pleased to be a silent part of the meeting it gave you a ....feel..... for why some decisions were made it was much easier to understand why the decisions were make.

It would have been better if we could have voted too but, perhaps that will also be an option in the future after all the organization is suppose to be for the good of all members and a vote at large would be a more accurate vote than one by a small group that was able to attend the meeting.

I did the same as Becky :stupid But after the light came on I watched all Friday and most of Saturday...did have to leave a few times to feed mad horses.

How much better it is to hear the discussions before the voting and to know who has what ideas.

Charlotte

I was not able to watch the entire thing start to finish, but did listen to several hours worth and was able to follow some of the discussions and resulting votes all the way through. I hope AMHA continues this and is able to take it another step forward to allow online voting.

Jan

I have stupid dial up so was unable. And that could be a problem in the future if they decide to offer input online.
default_no.gif

They need a absentee vote as most of us have real jobs
default_wink.png

I did like Nancy- I just opened another window and listened all of Friday afternoon and a good part of Saturday while I was doing other computer work. Except for seeing people raise their pads to vote, I don't think you really needed to watch it, although that was certainly a wonderful feature. I thank AMHA and Marestare for making it possible.

I attended via MareStare all day on Friday and most of Saturday. I thought it was great. There were some technical difficulties on Saturday that made it a little harder to stay with the program, but overall I give a big thumbs up.

I think this is a big step forward in opening things up to the membership.

The other BIG thing that was decided that I haven't even seen mentioned yet is the fact that the newly renamed Internet Communications committee has taken a new direction to facilitate member communications. One of the biggest things I think that can come out of this is a moderated discussion forum where the rule proposals can be published and discussed in this type of format. With that, I feel that members can discuss the pros and cons of each proposal, and make a fully informed vote either online or mail in. We all have member #'s, and with that we can assure a single vote from each member. That is an idea that I have been thinking of for a couple of years now.

Me again. Thanks Amy.

I am also on the ex Computer Committee and now the new Internet Communications Committee. The few of us on the old committee felt that changing our direction could better benefit the AMHA. The new Computer System is a massive project that cannot be managed by a volunteer committee. It will go on.

We have not completely fleshed out our mission and direction since we had to have board approval to change the name and direction. That said, we generally believe we can be instrumental in working with the various committees to facilitate their agenda thru the AMHA website. This gives members an avenue to give their input into content. Other functions may develop as we progress.

Our meeting was before we had the open meeting to get the permission to change, so we haven't really discusse the final scope of our endeavor.

Our own Jody, I believe, is the chair or co chair of this new direction committee.

Give us your ideas.
default_smile.png

Um, I am not the chair although I am back on the committee. :DOH! We decided that Sheryl Peterson would chair. Mike Want made the mistake of asking me to chair the Rules and Regs which I reluctantly accepted, and that was before the vote on the chair of the Computer. When he asked me to take it, I had a lightbulb moment. Shucks, can't chair two committees
default_wink.png
He muttered under his breath wondering who came up with that stupid rule. PHEW!

I think Rules and Regs is going to keep me plenty busy on top of the other board and committee work!!

Hmmm, that reminds me, I am now the moderator of the Board's yahoo group. Have to get the info to take it over from Sheryl since she is now off the board.

BTW, wanted to comment, I have a real job as do many of those who attended the meeting, Mike Want included. Now Al, he is another story, he has a DREAM job!

Jody, Jody

That was a tricky way to get out of being the co chair. If you work hard and keep your nose clean you too could have my job someday, when you get as old as me.
default_new_shocked.gif

I watched all day Friday, and saw a couple hours Saturday, but was also having technical difficulties. In the future, it would be great if some sort of agenda for the general meeting could be made available on the website, in addition to the Marestare link, so that members with time restrictions can make plans to watch when the issues that most concern them are being discussed. Also, will the minutes be available? Though the issues have already been decided, many members provided food for thought, and I'd love to read over their statements again. Regardless, thank you thank you thank you for the opportunity to watch!

Latest posts

Back