AMHA height help please

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mrsj

Reaction score
Hi, can someone clear something up for me - if a stallion were overheight his papers would be revoked is that right? So would his offspring be eligible for AMHA registration? I was told no ...

If the stallion's papers are revoked for being over height, then his foals can't be registered. I'm not sure, but I would guess, foals on the ground and registered while he had temporary papers might get to keep theirs at least til they go permanent and see if they stay under, but I really don't know.

Thank you so much, that is what I thought! Just wondered because I've been told I am incorrect by someone ...
default_wink.png

Of course if the stallion's owner wasn't honest about the horse's height and sent in his permanent application showing his measurement as 34" then he would still have his papers. He wouldn't be able to be shown but he'd still have his papers and his foals would be eligible for registration....that sort of thing happens often enough.

If the stallion's papers are revoked for being over height, then his foals can't be registered. I'm not sure, but I would guess, foals on the ground and registered while he had temporary papers might get to keep theirs at least til they go permanent and see if they stay under, but I really don't know.

Of course if the stallion's owner wasn't honest about the horse's height and sent in his permanent application showing his measurement as 34" then he would still have his papers. He wouldn't be able to be shown but he'd still have his papers and his foals would be eligible for registration....that sort of thing happens often enough.

I agree , thats my understanding of it too

Thanks Sue, glad I wasn't going insane after all(or even more insane than I already am).

default_wink.png

Not mine by the way, although sometimes mine likes to think he's over, about 17hh
default_laugh.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back