amha hardship or ?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LittleBittyBritches

Reaction score
I have a mare that I have wanted to hardship amha for some time, but its so expensive. She is AMHR registered, and her sire is both a & r. I am wondering if her dam is amha too. I contacted the breeder awhile back, but didnt hear back, so I assumed it was a no, but now it just keeps bugging me at the back of my mind. Because I know this breeder had mostly double registered stock hmmmmmmmmm any ideas?

Last edited by a moderator:
What is the dam's registered name, I can see if she is listed under the AMHA studbook in the same name. Otherwise you just have to hardship. I had to hardship my mare that both parents are AMHA as the dam passed before she was DNA'd so couldnt register a senior mare with out parentage qualifying. Just a warning of one possible problem that can arise even if she is AMHA. Hope this helps and let me know if you want me to find the dam in the studbook.

I had the same thing happen to me Melinda! In my case both parents were registered, the mare was on the stallion breeding report for the correct year. The original owner sold the filly and the stallion was already DNAd. The original owner died and his family was left with over 20 minis, they didnt know who was who on the papers and so they gave them all away with no papers as pets. When I went to get my fillys papers done I was told I had to have the mare DNAd as well... The original owners family had no idea where she was anymore. I tried to plead with AMHA but it didnt work. I had to pay to hardship her
default_thud.gif

I paid the money and hardshipped one into AMHA. It was expensive but worth it. Her dam had outgrown her A size but she is way under. Once it's done, it's done and any offspring will be A at the regular price.

Thank you! The dams name is Minders Joker and Fannie Mae I believe i've spelled it right. We really dont do much with AMHA, but are considering getting more active there and try it out. Right now we have just done AMHR. Wish AMHA had a half price hardship sale, lol

I know they are not doing it 2013, does anyone know if it is Jan 1st or end of 2013, or?

The dam is not listed under AMHA at least not under that name so most likely isnt A unless she has a different name.

Ok, dams name is Minders Joker and Fanny Mae's Milly 29"

Daddy is Lil Hoofbeats Charming Alibi 31"

I misspelled her dams name in the original post, sorry. In the line above it has the correct spelling.

It goes through 2013 to the end and then it is closed, unless something happens to change the rule.

Susan O.

Thank you so much! So I have a little time to decide,lol. But not much.

I wanted to see if someone could check.the correct spelling in AMHA books for her dam. I had misspelled it originally. The correct spelling is Minders Joker and Fanny Mae's Milly 29"

Daddy is Lil Hoofbeats Charming Alibi 31"

I found Lil hoofbeats Charming Alibi in the studbook but did not find either Minders Joker or Fanny Maes Milly listed.

Susan O.

Ok thank you so much for checking. I an looking for a photo of her sire-lil hoofbeats charming alibi. I have seen a pic of him before, but he has since been sold. He was a handsome black and white pinto.

Your mare will have to be hardshipped, while her sire is AMHA, her dam isn't but everything shows to be 34" and under. You have until Dec 31, 2013 to hardship her. If she is in foal, better to get it done sooner rather than later because if you wait until after the foal is born, you have to go through the same thing with the foal. If you do it before the foal is born, then you can register the normal way. To decide if this is the best thing to do. Add up the cost of hardshipping, the fee, DNA, expenses to measure and add that to what you paid for the mare, if you would pay that for her as a double registered horse, then do it. If not then I would think about more. And be honest with yourself about what you would have paid. You have to believe that the horse is worth the price or you will be debating it in your head forever. Good luck with your decision.

Latest posts

Back