AMHA annual convention

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dynamic8999

Reaction score
Hello I was wondering if those that have gone can tell me what the AMHA annual convention is like? What do you do there? Is it like a trade show with a meeting?

All of the committees meet and discuss the rule change proposals that have been submitted by members and decide if they are going to submit the proposal to the membership for vote in the convention the following year. This gives time to contact the person submitting the proposal and getting any needed clarification.

Members who are not on committees are welcome to sit in and observe these meetings.

Then there is the annual membership meeting where the AMHA presents the state of affairs in the organization, and where the membership gets to vote on the new rules that were proposed the previous year. Those rules that are passed are then put into effect in one year. Each AMHA department head presents a report on the status of their department. The site for the (I think) 2008 convention is voted on. During the general membership meeting, members are welcome to come forward and speak to the board and membership.

Oh, how could I forget, there are board meetings, at least two, one with the existing board, and one last thing with the new incoming board members.

There is also the awards banquet, always a good time. That is where the Honor Roll winners are awarded their belt buckles, and the special annual awards are given.

There is the socializing that happens in and around these meetings, lots of good times there.

Sometimes there are seminars but I haven't heard if any are planned for Florida.

I forgot to say that this is where you can sign up to join committees.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back