AMHA 2012 World Qualifying Process

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

valshingle

Reaction score
"AMHA 2012 World Show Hardship

September 2011

The 2012 World Show Qualification season began August 25, 2011. All AMHA exhibitors wishing to attend can begin the qualification process now at any local show. You do not have to wait until January.

The point qualification for the 2012 World Show Qualification is listed in WS-030, pages 153 through 156 of the 2011 Rule Book. If an exhibitor/horse does not qualify under the WS-030 World Show Point system, they may qualify under the 'Reasonable Attempt' clause which was voted in by the membership at the 2011 National Convention. The 'Reasonable Attempt' clause will be the final attempt in entry under 'Hardship' to the World Show.

'Reasonable Attempt is defined as below and requires documentation via AMHA form which must be received at the show and signed by the local show manager.

WS-030

AMHA World Show Hardship Qualifying under Reasonable Attempt

World Show Hardship Qualifying under Reasonable Attempt

In order to qualify for the AMHA World Show under Reasonable Attempt a horse/exhibitor may qualify under the following requirements. All requirements must be specifically met and documented:

1. The horse/exhibitor must exhibit in a minimum of two (2) AMHA Approved local shows under a minimum of six (6) judges. An AMHA Championship Show qualifies for one (1) local show or three (3) judges.

Qualifying for the AMHA World Show is considered on a class by class basis. The horse/exhibitor must exhibit in exactly the same class in a minimum of two (2) AMHA Approved local shows under a minimum of six (6) judges to exhibit in the same class during the AMHA World Show.

2. If a horse/exhibitor wishes to exhibit in a class during the World Show which was not offered during World Show Qualifying period, the following must be forwarded to the AMHA office:

Owners/exhibitors must provide a copy of the class list from the two (2) local shows referenced in #2. Show Location and Show Date must be provided.

Indicate the class you wish to show in, but was not offered.

3. The above documentation must be submitted on the official AMHA form and received in the AMHA Office with World Show Entries. Requests not received with World Show entries or before close of entry date will be denied.

Attention all 2012 World Show exhibitors - If you think you might want to add a class at the World and your qualification is through the Reasonable Attempt/Hardship, you must submit the Hardship Documentation Forms for the class with your regular entries prior to the close of entries. Staff must verify Hardship prior to the start of the World Show. Once again, if you think you might want to add a class and pay the late fees, and your qualification is through Hardship, the required hardship documents must be submitted prior to the close of entries. Thank you for your cooperation.

Good Luck and good showing." - taken from the AMHA website

I thought everyone might want to start planning and thinking about next year.
default_rolleyes.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Interesting.

My memory is never very good, but I think it was 2 shows/4 judges previously. Also, I thought you could show in a local show in color only to qualify for a regional show, then at that regional show you had to enter each class/horse/handler combo that you wanted to do at World. Is that right? Well, I guess you also had to place top 5 (it was for a while) and then lately it was top 10. Or am I just remembering incorrectly?
default_wacko.png

Last edited:
It has been explained to me as this:

1) Qualify under the regular process (qualifying points, etc).

2) Go to 2 shows with a total of 6 different judges. Show in EVERY class you want to show in at Worlds. You do not have to win or place, just show in the class. Fill out the appropriate form (on the website). IF the shows you go to don't offer one or more of the classes that you want to show in - "Owners/exhibitors must provide a copy of the class list from the two (2) local shows referenced in #2. Show Location and Show Date must be provided.

Indicate the class you wish to show in, but was not offered."

Now, this 'new' hardship rule doesn't say that you can't use back to back shows - like we couldn't use last year. I'm going to call the office to check on this.

Back