Am I cheap??

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Denise

Reaction score
Just wondering how many of you tip your horse shippers if they do a great job?

Hmmm no I have never done that. Shipping is a LOT... the good ones generally charge more to begin with but most of the time it's worth it.

Andrea

I try to have a batch of homemade cookies ready for them to take with them. I know that coming from Texas to Maine is horrible enough but I cant really afford to pay more than I already am.
default_rolleyes.gif
:

Hmmm no I have never done that. Shipping is a LOT... the good ones generally charge more to begin with but most of the time it's worth it.

Andrea
This is SOOOOO not true! You cannot guage the service you get by the price you pay.

Last edited by a moderator:
Good question l wondered about that to but didn't really have anyone to ask and the 1 person l did who was hauling in said why tip when you already paid through the nose. We used 3 different haulers and l did end up tipping the one who charged me 2100 to bring a guy up. But only because it was a 7 day trip and they called every day to let me know where they were who they picked up and dropped of along the way and none of the others did that unless they were almost here so l felt it was worth it to me besides the 2 guys were super nice and stopped in for coffee and told great stories about stuff that happened to them on some hauls. :lol: :lol:

I've got a mare coming home next week by Hauled Wright who I so adore and trust, and thought I should do something nice for them. I tip my farrier and I thought why not tip the shipper-they've got my horses life in their hands. I was feeling a little cheap since I hadnt done it in the past but I will be doing it very shortly.

I havent tipped either but like Royal View have had coffee ready and something to eat. No one wanted it but it was ready in case. We also have cleaned out a trailer for them when ours was the last on the run. For us most horses come from such a distance I cant afford anything more.

Good question...

I've thought about that before, but to answer, nope, I haven't tipped him.

I've had him transported twice, but I felt like I should tip him at least a little, but I didn't...
default_unsure.png
:

Am I cheap too??? I"m awful when it comes to tipping in general - I never know what to tip....

On our recent trip I enjoyed meeting everybody. We had venison stew at Deb's place and when someone asks me if I want to use the bathroom I usually do. (That's usually very appreciated! LOL) Others offered us coffee and that's always welcome. But cookies would be nice too! :lol:

I don't think extra money is necessary, even for professional shippers.

I've honestly never thought about tipping the hauler. The last one we had hauled in, we helped clean the trailer, hosed it out, gave them bedding and a bale of hay though.

Back