alovera juice

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shelia

Reaction score
Has anyone here ever used alovera juice for the treatment of colic, ulcers, or any digestive problems in their minis? I can't find much info on it. A friend told me they used it instead of oil for colic and it worked great! I have read a little about people who use it for ulcers and such. I have found nothing negative written about it so far.

Sheila, I haven't used it but I have seen it recommended by a very good holistic vet here. She has a website holistichorsekeeping.com if you are interested. Lots of good information there.

Jan

A lot of trainers use it -- including John Shirreffs. Horse of the Year Zenyatta used to get it added to her feed daily as a suppliment. John's a big advocate of the natural approach.

i plan to use it on my show string this year.

I have 2 ulcer prone minis on it. 15cc 1 x day. Does it work? I don't have a clue but they haven't had any symptoms since I started them a couple of months ago.

Charlotte

I'm using it this year with all of my show horses. I give 15cc 2 X day to those that aren't showing symptoms. 30cc 2 X day to those that are. So far, it seems to be helping, but time will tell.

I used it many years ago on a Mini that had tendon surgery.It was suggested by a vet at a teaching equine hospital and her clients had used it.It worked for my little guy-he was better in just a few days.Not sure about colic use but since ulcers are a hole and much like a burn I know it works on skin burns since I have used it myself.Colic has so many causes it might not help for impaction colic It does aid in digestion issues I know people that take it daily

Thanks for the input! We bought some and have just started using it. I am glad that I have not heard anything negative about it.

We had a filly start to colic a couple of days ago so we gave her some banamine, did some walking and gave her some of the alo vera juice. (syringed into her mouth slowly. She seemed fine in about 20 minutes. Then about an hour later she passed a large manure ball. She has been fine since. I don't know if the alo vera worked or not, but it sure didn't hurt.

My friend told me that a vet tubed a mini with alo vera instead of oil for a compaction colic and the mini passed the manure within a few hours.

Thanks again!

Latest posts

Back