All these foaling topics are getting me excited.

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HorseMom

Reaction score
I'm expecting my first foal and my stallion's first soon, and I can barely contain myself. I have names picked out for both a colt and a filly. I'm armed with everything I need for the foaling, as well as a cute blanket and halter courtesy of Marlene (Thanks again for a great SS gift). Now I just have to wait for the event.

I board my horses at a QH farm that has a massive foaling stall with a camera, lights, and heat lamps. Slippers just got her feet done yesterday so we don't have to worry about having them done again until she has recuperated from the foaling. We'll also be bringing her in next weekend, she hits her day 300 mark. I do need to get the vet out around then to do shots.

I was planning on selling the foal, but at this point I think I'm too excited about having a baby and will most likely be keeping it for myself to show. I'm very ok with this. My husband, not so much. He'll deal. He likes the horses more then he likes to let on. He enjoys seeing everyone's baby pictures.

I've literally started counting down the days until her due date and once she comes in I'll be at the farm daily to check on her.

I KNOW EXACTLY HOW YOU FEEL!!!!
default_biggrin.png

My mare Missy is a maiden and having her first foal this year - the foal is my stallion Sampson first foal and I can't wait! Due to having to shave Missy down I have already been stalling her in the foaling barn at night so she is already used to that. She is 266 days max (was pasture bred so she is a max of 266 days but could be a little less) today so I am buckling down for the big event.

Missy is a palomino pinto and Sampson is a bay pinto so I could get. . .

29.17% Buckskin or Bay

16.67% Palomino or Chestnut

4.17% Smokey Black or Black

No matter what color or gender the foal is - it is already a keeper as it is our first homebred foal - forever home is here for this little one!

I know you'll be over the moon with excitment! It is a long waiting game and they can be pretty tricky! LOL Just ask LACEY!!! ha

Is their camera connected to marestare or some other streaming where you can watch from afar also? that would be the ticket for you.

You're most welcome for the SS Gift - I can't wait to see it put to use - will be watching for your foal announcment so be sure to keep us updated.

Fingers crossed for a healthy live foal! That's going to be one spoiled little baby! LOL

All our best from White Tails ............

Back