Ale 5 Weeks Old....

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tremor

Reaction score
Ale is 5 weeks old and BEAUTIFUL!

She is changing, A LOT. When she was born she had a very faint blanket type thing on her butt. When I clipped it the white was more apparent. I clipped her again and its spread and darkened. Its all the way up to her neck. Even her face is changing. Her face was marking free but now she has some sort of a star growing. Its amazing how much she's changing!

Here she was at 3 weeks old:

227186_111485408938010_100002296543466_116295_4033898_n.jpg

And here she is at 5 weeks!

254025_115125741907310_100002296543466_147411_6086249_n.jpg

Please ignore my fantastic facial expression and glasses. Do NOT talk to the person taking the picture while they're taking the picture. LMAO!

254025_115125738573977_100002296543466_147410_8362505_n.jpg

Here's her face:

254025_115125745240643_100002296543466_147412_8086863_n.jpg

Please Note: Her face has not been clipped at all since her first clip (at 3 weeks of age). The white swirl pattern coming in on her forehead is well, natural and quite confusing!

There's not a whole lot that I would change about this girl. She's amazing. From what she lacks something equals it out, which is good. (Her lack of neck and excess of back.) And her legs are L----O----N----G!

But, there are ways to make faults look like less. Necks are easy. ;) Just clip the bridle path long. :p

I also think that she has four markings on her legs...but I'm not sure. The area clipped is definitely lighter than the clipped areas above them.

I am glad to say that her head grew. She had such a HUGE forehead. Her eyes took up most of it too! Now though, its definitely elongated and thickened. I've had to go down two holes on her halter since the previous pictures were taken! That was a huge relief! I've never had a foal use this halter for such a long time. This halter is usually replaced in the first week!

She's doing pretty good with everything. Clipping is a breeze. (Except for ears and face. GAH!) I never finished her legs though, but she does surprisingly well with them. She looks the vibration of the clippers too.

We've been working on standing tied. She does pretty well with that.

She had her first bath on Friday too. Kinda traumatic but she came out of it like a champ.

We've also been working on lifting her feet and cleaning them out. She's been fighting me with it, but we're slowly getting there.

On the topic of feet, yes her feet are in need of a trim. This week I'm starting the grand adventure of finding a farrier to come out and trim the herd's hooves. This...should be interesting. :eek2:

I am hoping to have a farrier out by the end of this month.

I ordered Ale's show halter. It should be coming this week. I'm excited to see it. Although, the halter will be a 1/2'' too big on her nose and a 1/2'' too big across her poll. I had to go with the Weanling size because it was 11 1/2'' x 6 1/2''. Ale needed a 11'' x 6'' halter. But, she'll grow into it.

Ale's first show is July 10th.

She is very pretty
default_wub.png

...and her name is so unusual - makes me want to crack open a beer lol.

She is very pretty
default_wub.png

...and her name is so unusual - makes me want to crack open a beer lol.
Hehe, thanks.

Her name is actually pronounced Allie. Her full name will hopefully be JCP's Grand Finale. I kind of took the ending off of Finale and never changed the spelling.

A lot of my horses' names are mistaken somehow! (Usually gender or pronunciation)

Hehe, thanks.

Her name is actually pronounced Allie.

A lot of my horses' names are mistaken somehow! (Usually gender or pronunciation)
They are probably mistaken because the spelling is incorrect for the sound you're after. There's no way from reading "Ale" that you can get "Allie" LOL. But that's okay...it's going to be hot this week so Ale works
default_cheers.gif
default_wink.png

They are probably mistaken because the spelling is incorrect for the sound you're after. There's no way from reading "Ale" that you can get "Allie" LOL. But that's okay...it's going to be hot this week so Ale works
default_cheers.gif
default_wink.png
Haha, yeah. It doesn't really bother me if somebody pronounces her name wrong.

You can hardly go on how I pronounce her name. Half the time when I talk to her it comes out at Elliot or Alice.
default_new_rofl.gif
The real pronunciation of her name usually comes out when I'm scolding her for be naughty or playing.

Haha, yeah. It doesn't really bother me if somebody pronounces her name wrong.

You can hardly go on how I pronounce her name. Half the time when I talk to her it comes out at Elliot or Alice.
default_new_rofl.gif
The real pronunciation of her name usually comes out when I'm scolding her for be naughty or playing.
LOL, however you spell it it's always pronounced "BEAUTIFUL"
default_wub.png

Back