AKC Registration

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lovememinis

Reaction score
Hey All,

Just trying to fill out the AKC registration for a new litter of pups. First time for me! I did find a glitch, if you would call it that.

I know many of you register dogs, so I could use some input.

I bought two dogs on November 4th. I bought a male and female. On the 5th. the female was acting in heat, so I put them together. 59 days later, 6 puppies. The problem: I sent in the transfer of ownership and the certificate date is not the date of sale. It is the date the paperwork was completed.

So, who owned the dam at the time of mating?

Hope you can help me out on this one.

Jan M

[SIZE=14pt]The date on her registration should reflect whatever date the back of her certificate says... date of transfer ...... There is a place where it says on X day we transfer the ownership of this dog to..... If the breeding occured prior to the day your transfer is signed then the previous owner is the owner at the time of mating. They would then have to be listed as breeder and sign the litter registration.[/SIZE]

Lyn

Thanks Lyn,

I was thinking that too. The certificate date is on the front of the certificate, and is when the paperwork was completed. I will call AKC today, but appreciate your insight.

Jan

Latest posts

Back