"After" pix of SnowMAN

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AppyLover2

Reaction score
Deleted.

I really needed some encouraging words from you guys. I was in tears most of the evening. Thanks Bonnie and MA.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow! What a change! Any idea how old he is?

MA

Wait... Snowman... that's the stray, right? Where are the pictures? Why is the post "deleted?" Why were you crying? What's going on and is everything okay?
default_unsure.png
:

Anyone know what has happened????
default_sad.png
I know how risky it is to bring in a stray and am feeling it may have been something really terrible. Whatever has happened my thougths are with you.

Thanks to those of you asking about the stray.

My post on Friday was that I had taken him to the vet and that they shaved him nose to tail (hair is only about 1/4" long). It went on to say that I was very stressed; that I knew he was feeling vulnerable (since he was naked) but that the growling at me and at the other dogs had me terribly on edge.

This is him after the haircut.

PaintedPonies021.jpg

Little did I know the stress was going to get a lot worse.

Saturday morning I was out working on the fence (I'm putting up a hot-wire to keep Sunny (my 2 year old Shih Tzu) from going through the field fencing into the pasture). I noticed all 3 dogs at the corner of the yard then went on clearing the fenceline and putting insulators up. It was quite cold, so when I noticed only 2 dogs instead of 3 I figured he had gone into the garage and gotten in the heated crate there. Well....he hadn't. Looked all over for him. No dog! Called and called....no dog. Walked the pasture calling him and looking for dog-prints in the snow. He was gone!

The longer I called and looked the more guilty I felt. Temps are supposed to be between 10 & 15 for the next 5 nights, and this dog is out there somewhere with NO protection or natural insulation. I felt I had contributed to his suffering and possible death from exposure. I totally blamed myself for his misery and spent the whole day crying and praying to God to help him.

Got up this morning with a very heavy heart knowing what I had caused.

About 8 o'clock I looked up and there the little devil stood at the door, wanting to come in. OMG I can't begin to tell you the relief I felt knowing he was safe.

Now all the noise and confusion are back. He's still growling at me and the dogs. He's snapped at both Sunny and the German Shepard. Sunny keeps wanting him to play and he just growls. I still don't know what the heck I'm gonna do with him, I can't keep him unless he starts being more sociable. But he's alive!!

Again, thanks to those of you who asked!

[SIZE=14pt]hopefully he settles in and starts to get along
default_yes.gif
: , good luck with him, Nikki
[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]One good thing is that he knows how to find his way home! Just try to hang in there and maybe he will mellow out once he realizes that he is going to be part of your "pack" now. I hope things work out for ya'll. Please keep us posted!! [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Shannon
default_smile.png
[/SIZE]

Thank goodness he was smart enough to find his way back to you !
default_yes.gif
: But I know the chaos an unknown dog can have on the household. Hopefully he will settle down and join the family. If not you now have turned him into a decent looking animal that would be more easily adoptable by someone else if need be.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back