Advice on my filly

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KGminiaturehorses

Reaction score
I have a yearling filly that I have been showing this year in AMHA and Pinto shows. Some weekends we will come home with all ribbons in the top three, then the next show she won't place. I guess that's just an example of different judges opinions! Anyways, I was just going to ask you guys (the wise and experienced of showing!) of and advice you have to give me on her over-all condition, or your input on her. I am a youth, and I do all my showing/training/conditioning myself. I have neck sweats, etc. but im just not too sure if I should sweat her neck or not. So far I've only wrapped her up a few times, just to see how it worked and fit. I keep her in a stall during the day with fans and cool water to stay out of this insane Texas heat, then I turn her out on the dry lot at night with some hay. I have her on the new purina mini feed and I also have her on a coat supplement. If I think she is ready and conditioned for it, I will be showing her in the YOTE 18& under mares class this year at AMHA worlds, just for fun of course.

Any suggestions or advice on anything is greatly appreciated!
default_smile.png

Here is a picture of my girl, Bucks Bikini Jam, aka "Miss Minnie". I wasn't ready for the picture, and was feeding her a treat, but it's a good overall picture of her. (She's on the right.)

untitled.jpg

I cant answer your ? b/c I dont show but just wanted to let you know

I HAVE FOUND MY FUTURE DRIVING TEAM!!
default_aktion033.gif

I hope you will find someone to help train those two...They would be perfect!!! looks like you have a nice obstacle course set up already.

Congratulations!!

I don't show either so no help but she is very pretty and looks great to me! Keep up the good work

shes a lovely little mare and it may have nothing to do with her condition or her body weight , simply not standing her up right at the moment the judge looks at you could be affecting your placings and of course you have to remember that the quality of the horses you are competing against could vary too , obviously some horses are easier to beat than others lol

I'm not going to give you any advice on her condition, I'll let some others that have more experience tell you. However, I would just set her up with her front feet a little farther forward, so she's not so under herself. Also, when your showing her, try to get her neck "up" more and then out, instead of just out... if that makes sense. Also, make sure when you set her in the ring to run your fingers along both sides of her spine, pressing down hard, so she flattens her topline... again, I hope that makes sense... maybe someone else can explain that better
default_frusty.gif

Anyways, I think she is very pretty, and I love her color. Good Luck!

(oh, and about the neck sweat, if you do decide to put it on her, make sure you leave it on nearly all the time, except when your working her hard. If its just on "every once and a while" it won't do any good)
default_luck.gif

Latest posts

Back