Action boots

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ForeverJit

Reaction score
I have been looking for action boots for my mini, to help his action and add a bit more muscling to his chest. What are the best, and the most effective, but will not irritate his legs too much? The only ones I have found is the chain action boots, but I can't find the weighted bands. Which ones do you prefer, and where did you buy them? Thanks

Home made ones are the best. If you want to buy, I suggest looking at Herron's Tack and talking to them about your needs. I am not a fan of the "chain action boots" that are nylon with the removable links, by the way.

Andrea

Action boots are not always the tools to use. But Herron's tack has good knowledge about use and if you talk to Mike he can help you select the best aide.

l've used the Bar f Products boots with the 1/4 oz weights you can add or subtract and they have stood up really well over the past 2 years...some of the others we've tried usually the velcro goes and needs to be duct taped on..l used them on a stallion and it's really helped his way of going..

Thanks everyone! By homemade, do you mean leather dog collars? A friend of mine uses the toy dog collars as action boots, and they seem to work pretty well. What's your take on it?

Latest posts

Back