ACER brand computers

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bess Kelly

Reaction score
Saw these at WM and they had very affordable pricing. BUT not familiar with brand, who makes, dependability, etc.

Any input or experience? I'm going to check consumer reports, too.

Thanks.
default_saludando.gif

When I decided to do away with my desktop and just go with a laptop, I went with something cheap! I bought the Acer Aspire 7520 with a 17" screen. I have not had any troubles with it at all thus far, but then I have only had it since summer. It has Vista Pro as the operating system and it is not slow at all, and I have LOADS and LOADS of stuff on my puter. It has 2 separate hard drives, and that aids in keeping it moving faster. I put all my programs on my C drive and all my photos and other files on my other drive.

I have an ACER desktop adn it is GREAT, no problems at all, I got it at Circuit City.

Both my husband and I have an Acer aspire mini laptop...we love them!

Acer computers are the off brand for Gateway. They are great machines. I buy hundreds of computers and laptops for our school district. I have bought Acers for some of our teachers because for the dollars you can't beat them. My next personal laptop will be an Acer.

Tammi

My computer is an Acer brand and I'd get another one. Have had this one for years with no problems.

Kristi has an acer and i dont like maybe cause im used to my compaq

she couldnt d/l some of her school stuff on it so she uses mine

just my opinion

My brother and I both bought Acer laptops a few years ago.

I finally got a settlement on mine from a lemon law case, and my brother finally got the money together to replace his.

If you want the most bang for your buck, IMO, find (or date!) a nerd and get them to build you a computer. I currently have the best computer I've ever owned: 500 GB hard drive, 3 gigs of RAM, awesome video card, 22" flat panel monitor...and I got it for around $500.

I bought an Acer 5100 a couple of years ago and I love it! My husband has upgraded it a few times for me and it still works great!
default_smile.png

As always --- the forum knows!
default_laugh.png

I'm not gonna even "go there" with a boyfriend nerd
default_wacko.png
nope, too much incoming laundry
default_laugh.png
Really like being MY own person.
default_laugh.png

BUT.....with so few "lemons" reported, I believe I will take the risk and buy it! Seriously, with the price I could afford to buy "2fer1".

Thanks all !!

The Walmart flyer recently had Acer notebooks advertised for less than $269 or something like that. It seemed awfully cheap--not being much of a computer expert I finally asked someone at work 'is a notebook the same thing as a laptop'
default_unsure.png
and she said yes, it's just the new name for them.
default_laugh.png
okay, that's kind of what I thought but wanted to make sure. Like I said, it just seemed too cheap! By then of course the sale was over with & I never bought one.

Am thinking, though, that if such a sale comes up again I will buy one--my mom wants one and I'd think an Acer would suit her fine...then I might want one for myself too--might be an improvement on this ancient computer I'm using. Good to hear that so many here like the brand.

As for getting a nerd to build one--from what I've been told, there's not so much advantage (price wise) in that any more. The computer tech I use was building computers the first time I took this one in for a repair--2004--but the last time I talked to him he said he doesn't build many any more. He just can't compete in price with some of the deals that are available now. You can buy a complete system, retail, and get a lot of stuff on it for a very reasonable price.

My nerd does his own laundry, and cooks dinner, and gives the horses scritches....
default_wub.png

For the price I got mine built I could have gotten a Dell, but it only would have been half as 'good' in terms of performance, and I'd get to deal with their tech support. I have an awesome system and if anything goes wrong, FREE assistance is just a phonecall away. I don't know if I'll ever buy a whole system again.

I have a Acer 3680-2682 no problems, works great all the time.

Latest posts

Back