About to comit to a farm name advice needed!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jegray21

Reaction score
Ok I am getting married in September...we are about to name our farm ( I now get to do miniature horses full time!
default_aktion033.gif
)

anyone have an opinion on using initials vs a name for the farm...I can't decide which direction to go?

Ex:

JTK Miniature Horses ( I have not looked if this is already taken I am sorry I am just using it for an example and it's our initials..)

or Summer Nights Farm

Name it whatever is personal to you, it's your business. I like both you mentioned.

Our ranch name WESCO is after our first three Minis Woody, Etoile, Silhouette and CO., as I knew more were coming. As for the FARMS, I have no clue why I added an 's', I think it just rolls off the tongue easier - lol.

Those original three are still here eleven years later too!

Are you planning on using it for naming horses? A longer name leaves fewer letters for the name of the horse.

Way out of my area of expertise and I agree with making sure you like the name, don't worry about any body else.

You don't have to use 'farm' you can call it 'stable' or 'ranch'.

But I liked just,

Summer Nights

and nothing more.

I hope you have fun no matter what you decide.

Dr Taylor

There is nothing wrong with either one, and as said it's entirely up to you which you prefer. Of the two I would likely go with Summer Nights.

If you choose to use Summer Nights as your prefix I wouldn't think you'd have trouble coming up with names that still fit within the required number of letters.

However, another option if you choose to use JTK as your registered prefix, there is no reason why you still couldn't call your farm Summer Nights or Summer Nights Farm. Then you could advertise:

SUMMER NIGHTS FARM

Home of JTK Miniature Horses

I know a number of Morgan farms that did it that way, and I've always liked that approach.

Thank you for all your advice I am leaning towards Summer Nights Farm home of JTK Miniature Horses! Thanks guys!
default_saludando.gif

I got married September 14, 2010 and we named our farm with our initials and our prefix is the same as well - "JNK Miniatures" which stands for "Jordan & Katie's Miniatures" 
default_aktion033.gif

Holly I would have never ever thought of that I like that approach alot.

Using Summer Nights still gives you around 21 spaces to name a foal.

Summer Nights Simply Stunning Is a nice name and didn't use up all the spaces yet!

Ours is ROKO which is just our intials
default_smile.png

RO for me and KO for hubby!

Oh my gosh! we are getting married September 16th 2011..only one different letter in ours jTK lol
default_aktion033.gif

Using Summer Nights still gives you around 21 spaces to name a foal.

Summer Nights Simply Stunning Is a nice name and didn't use up all the spaces yet!

Ours is ROKO which is just our intials
default_smile.png

RO for me and KO for hubby!
Oh I love that name! Breeding for our first this year...

However, another option if you choose to use JTK as your registered prefix, there is no reason why you still couldn't call your farm Summer Nights or Summer Nights Farm. Then you could advertise:

SUMMER NIGHTS FARM

Home of JTK Miniature Horses
I REALLY like this idea!

Oh my gosh! we are getting married September 16th 2011..only one different letter in ours jTK lol
default_aktion033.gif
As of September 16, 2011, we will have been married 34 years. It's a great date!
default_aktion033.gif
default_wub.png
default_biggrin.png

Latest posts

Back