? about Judges and Stewards

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
T

Taylor Jo

Now don't yell at me or think this is a stupid question I really want to know as I've never done it before or heard of anyone doing or if it's appropiate ok. Can you "personally" contact your area judges and stewards and thank them for a wonderful season and how much you appeciated them? Or is it inappropiate? Anyone ever done it? It's probably NOT ok but thought I'd ask....

Thanks, TJ

Last edited:
After a show season-- just Thanking them for the show season of hard work on their part is okay. Thanking them for wins etc. would be biased based I believe and ethically not okay??? (In other words I would not thank them specifically for certain horses wins, but leave it real general for their hard work and that you appreciate them).

No, I wasn't going to be specific about my horses just general to thank them and that I appreciated them. Thanks I appreciate your input. TJ

being a steward is a pretty tough job and I am sure after a show is over they would appreciate a kind word and a thank you and the same with the judges.

I have said thank you to judges or thanked them for being so great and kind with the kids and ammys. I do not see it being a problem at all

I just worked as a volunteer at a show a couple of weeks ago. I spent most of my time with the stewards and judges, and the show chair. I think any of them would appreciate a word of thanks for their work. What they do is not cut-and-dried. They have to make many on the spot decisions and revisions. They put in many long hours of work. They even appreciated a word of thanks from me, so I am sure any sincere words from an exhibitor would be well received.

On several occasions I have personally thanked the judges and stewards for their work after the show was over.

Thanks all for a positive response. I'll send a nice little note out thanking them for their service. Thanks, TJ

Once I am all done showing at a particular show I try and thank the judges before we leave. I do it out of respect. They have a big job and think they should be thanked for their time. I have had some make comments to me on my horses at that time, but I do not ask for it. That is not my purpose to approaching them, it is more so of being respectful.

Question...Are going to be showing under these judges again this year? Or are any of them national judges? If so, in my opinion I would not contact them after the fact. It might look bad like you are trying to influence them for an upcoming show. If you won't be showing under them any more this year, I don't see a problem with it and I am sure they would appreciate the thank you.

Echol Acres, yes I was going to show again under two of them at Nationals. I talked it over with my husband I have decided to send them anonymously and NOT put my name or address. That way there's no hit of wrong doing or looking like I want a favor. I feel better about doing it this way. Thanks for pointing this out, cause I would NEVER want to cause anyone to think I was trying to get a leg up. Thanks all who gave me your input, I value you all highly. TJ

I think in the case of thanking judges that you will not see the rest of the year is appropriate. I think if you will see them then wait until the end of the year.

Another question. Would it be appropriate to ask judges on any comments or advice on the showing your horse?

Back