A Traumatic Easter Sunday-for our buckskin mare, Sadie

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
default_sad.png
We are very sad to hear of such a traumatic ordeal. Thankfully you have wonderful friends to help you out! (((HUG))) Love that mare as I am sure she is so grateful for such caring people.

Donna,

I'm so sorry this happened to you and Sadie. She's such a special little mare. I'm glad she's OK after this traumatic event.

My Dear Friend -- Poor Sadie, precious girl, must've been in shock and felt so helpless through the ordeal. As Karla said, very often it's the foal our hearts go out to -- instead of the mare. Wise words from a wise woman.

Even with over 40 years foaling experience (big and small horses).....this must've been a frightening, nauseating event for you, Marnie and Nate. Those two have been such wonderful, cover-your-back friends throughout the years. Nate, being the quiet, stalwart, "get-er'done" man, with so many years' experience with both cattle and horses.....is such a blessing. As typical for Marnie.....thanks be to God she was there for both you and Sadie, with hands-on and emotional support.

Makes one wonder, if a vet were present, would Sadie be here today? There's so much to be said about practical experience from folks like Nate. JMHO....of course.

MARNIE -- THANKS FOR THE DESCRIPTION, REGARDING THE METHOD OF GETTING THE FOAL OUT, THUS SAVING SADIE.

We are just so thankful that Sadie is ok, this time Nate gets all the credit, he did it, I just stood and prayed real hard. One thing we did do to help push the foal back in is to put Sadie on her back and picked up on her back feet, picked her back end up in the air, Nate said it helped the foal slide back in so he could keep trying to get the legs. Donna thinks it was an hour, it seemed like at least an hour but probably was more like 15-20 minutes that it took to get the legs out. It's hard to count minutes when your heart is in your throat. Sadie is so loved by all and is now going to be ok. We're so thankful we didn't lose her, I know it would have totally crushed Donna.
Trust me, this information will be added to my "foaling reminder/experience" document.

Donna, here's a cyber hug for your heartbreak.... and two more for your healthy filly and colt brought into this world on Thursday
default_wub.png
: . Waiting for photos.............

Back