A tough morning for our family

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ohhh I am SO very sorry!!! Reading your post got my tears going and a pit in my stomach. These pups so quickly become part of the family...I just wished they could stay on this earth longer than their years. I pray for peace and comfort for beautiful Hanna and your family.

I am so sorry, Debra. My thoughts are with you. I know how the pain can be, and it won't go away soon, but gradually, it will hurt less and your memories will be comfort.

Liz M.

I'm so sorry! I had to make the same decision....but we owe it to them not to let them suffer because they loved us so much.

awwwwww....I am sooooo sorry.........

My sister's Rotti passed away last October.....It was heartbreaking even for me, and she hadn't lived here for the year prior to her passing. She was 9 I think, and such a doll.

sooo sorry.....

((((hugs))))

~kathryn

I'm sorry. She will be waiting for you across the rainbow bridge.

I am so very sorry to hear about your furbaby and his cancer. I was just speaking with my sister this morning and she is going through a similiar situation with one of her cats. Her cat has "breast cancer"
default_new_shocked.gif
and that was the term the vet used about 6 months ago. At the time my sister had the cancerous tumour removed but of course it had spread and the vet told her at the time that it would grow back and it is back now bigger than ever and her cat is getting much thinner and picking at her food. My sister went to the vet's on the weekend and spoke to the vet to see if operating again would help. The vet said unfortunately because of the size it would not be fair to the cat to do the surgery this time and that because of the size it would not heal the way it did last time. So my sister as well had to make the very difficult decision of helping her furbaby cross the rainbow bridge, which will happen on Thursday.

It's never easy saying goodbye to our furbaby family animals. You are in my thoughts and prayers. Hugs to you.

Debra,

I am so very sorry to hear about your beloved Hanna. Hugs to you and your family...
default_crybaby.gif

I'm so sorry for your whole family. I won't pretend that it doesn't hurt, because it hurts like heck, but I do hope you can find some peace in knowing you didn't allow your baby to suffer needlessly.

Thinking of you...
default_wub.png

I'm so sorry. Perhaps the kids can each come up with a wish for Hannah to carry to God for them when she goes? She can be their special messenger and carry their love to other loved ones that have passed.

Leia

I'm so very sorry about your sweet Hanna.
default_crybaby.gif
:

It's heartbreaking to let them go, but it is the greatest show of love. You're in my thoughts. {{{{Hugs}}}}

Oh Debra - it is so hard to lose the ones we love. Hanna had a beautiful life with you and your family. My condolences to you. (hugs)

Oh you guys are really very sweet. Just when I think I have the tears under control, I read your posts and they start flowing once again. I have had an upset tummy all day and watching our other Rottweiler Shasta, just breaks my heart. She has been sad and someone that doesn't know her very well actually commented on how quiet she is not knowing the recent events with Hanna so I know she is feeling a little blue.
default_sad.png

I wanted to share two photos I took yesterday morning before we left for the vets...

FamilyPhoto1.jpg

Lauren, Steve, Katelyn, Austin, Shasta & Hanna (left)

Hanna's front leg hurt so much that she spent all her time lying down with the exception of when her and "daddy" (my husband) would play. She LOVED to get between his legs and growl so he would pet her. She would only do that with him.
default_wub.png

SteveandHanna.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
ohhhh, those pictures are great.....
default_wub.png

I know you will cherish them!!! Just by luck we got some really great pictures of my sister's rotti before she passed....still breaks my heart to look at them, but I'm soo glad we have them

~kathryn

I'm so very sorry. Thank you for posting those loving pictures. We have two elderly dogs that are showing their age so I know I must face that difficult time soon. The thought just brings me to tears.

Take care,

Karen

I'm sorry about the loss of your great friend, Hanna.

I truly believe it is the ultimate gift of love, to let them go,

when the pain and quality of life are gone for them.

When my boys were little and we lost our old Dobe,

I had the boys whisper mesages of love, into balloons,

and set the balloons loose to take those messages to

Korski in heaven.......

Take care....

Oh how sad. I am s sorry to hear this. Its so hard loosing a member of the family no matter what kind they are. This brought tears to my eyes
default_sad.png
May she rest in peace.... Happy thoughts and prayers from me to your family

I am so sorry to hear this. Know that you are doing the kindest thing you can for her. Saying good bye to family is so hard. HUGS,

I feel for you and your family. It is so hard to let them go. {{{hugs}}}

We had to put our Boston Terrier down 2-1/2 weeks ago, now in hindsight I see how bad he was suffering.

Latest posts

Back