A tough morning for our family

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CAM

Reaction score
The beautiful Mill Creek Valley~Prineville, OR
Tomorrow morning we say goodbye to a member of our family....

This is Hanna, our 7 1/2 year old Rottweiler who was recently diagnosed with a synovial cell sarcoma, an aggressive form of cancer in dogs. It is in her elbow and likely metastasized to other organs and she is now having extreme difficulty walking. She was diagnosed last week but has gone downhill so fast.

It has been a tough weekend for our family, Hanna has been around as long as two of my children can remember and is a big part of our family. We are heartbroken.
default_bye-sad.gif

Hanna1.jpg

I'm so sorry to hear this. I know how it feels to loose a dog thats part of the family.

Sending happy thoughts your way that you and your family can remember the good times with the dog.

Praying comfort will be sent your way. I am so sorry you are having to make such a hard decision. Sometimes I wish we could just wake up and they would be gone. God is watching over you and your family. I will be praying for you
default_pray.gif

Hanna is gorgeous!!

I am so sorry to hear of this, I am truly sorry you guys are having such a rough patch this year.

Your Hanna reminds me so much of my Rottie Ebony....we lost her suddenly & unexpectedly while we were playing fetch one night....she had either a stroke or a aneurism (sp)......she was only 8 at the time...it's been over 4 years, but I sure still miss her.

My heart goes out to you and your family, I am sure this is very tough on your kids

default_wub.png

Please know I am thinking about you all and sending you kind thoughts and warm cyber hugs.

Aw Deb no.......I'm so sorry. I know how bad this is for you and your family.

There's no easy way. I hate this.

You will be in my thoughts.

default_no.gif
I'm so sorry about your beautiful Hannah. My thoughts and prayers are with her and your entire family. It's such a sad thing for all of you. She knows you all love her. May you have peace in knowing that you're doing the right thing as well as have wonderful memories of your precious girl.

God bless,

Joan

Debra.....it's a hard one for you AND ESPECIALLY the kids...........God bless you!

Hannah understands....please believe that.......

MA

I am so sorry for you and your kids.
default_no.gif
default_no.gif
You will all be in my thoughts.

Robin

I am so sorry to hear that you are losing your beautiful Hanna.

We, too, have a Rottweiler, Roxy, who is 10 years old. I can't stand the thought that she won't be here in a while.

I will be thinking of you.

Hanna will wait loyally and patiently, for you, at the bridge.

Hugs,

Robin

default_no.gif
I'm so very sorry. They wrap themselves around our hearts the furchildren do.

So sad to hear this.

I too had to put our chow down last year, he was 14. it was the hardest thing I have ever had to do...

Just be proud of the years you have had with her and you will have those great memories... I know she was loved so much and thats all we can do is give them a great life while we are able..

I am so sorry to hear this. I know how hard it is to lose one of our furkids. I lost our Shado on August 18th. I dont think it ever gets any easier and I am sure we wouldnt want it to, it shows how much we care. (((HUGS))) Corinne

I am so sorry...((big hugs to you and your family))

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm so very sorry Debra. My heart goes out to you and your family.

So very sorry to hear. I know its very hard to loose a family member.

Good thoughts are with your family

A

Oh no, I am so sorry. Losing a pet can be just as devastating as losing any other family member, as they ARE a family member. My thoughts will be with you and your family.

Latest posts

Back