A/R owner transfer

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

twilightranch

Reaction score
How long does it usally take for you to get yours back from AMHA & AMHR?? Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
I sent some papers to AMHR and got them back in about 10 days. I just sent papers to get a foal registered to AMHA on Wednesday. We'll see how long it takes them. I usually get a pretty good return time for AMHA too - about 2 weeks.

Last edited by a moderator:
AMHR has been very fast lately, less than 2 weeks turnaround, I have noticed more typo type errors this year though so be sure to review things. AMHA on the other hand has been fast to charge costs to my account but papers have taken 2 months or more to come back.

A friend called AMHA last week to ask about her paperwork which was sent in mid-December (a number of foal registrations, some transfers and a couple permanents. She was told they were still working on paperwork they had received in December, but her paperwork was complete and had been mailed the end of January. She received it this past Tuesday. So, sounds like it's about 6 weeks at the moment.

I've recently had AMHR paperwork coming back about 3 weeks after mailing--that's pretty fast for paperwork being mailed from/to Canada--I've had it take 4-5 weeks, and once 6 weeks when I sent something in at what was probably a very busy time of year--Nationals time. so, it varies.

This year I have transferred 2 horses into my ownership through both registries. One of the transfers also involved actually getting registration papers on a colt. AMHR took less then 10 days to get both sets back to me, including getting the colt registered. AMHA took nearly 3 months to do the same thing. I have never had good luck with fast turn around through AMHA. AMHR has always been quick. We also sent in 3 sets of papers to have horses brought to permanent this summer and it was only an 8 day wait for them to arrive in my mailbox.

Jen

Hate to say this, but we've seen AMHR turn around happen in weeks......AMHA turn around take up to 3 months....It just depends on the time of year is my guess.

WOW that is a while I would think since it cost soo much to join that they would be staffed pretty well
default_wacko.png
. I have a show the beginning of march and need to get my horse transfered in my name maybe I should rush it
default_unsure.png
. Thank you for the replys!!
default_smile.png

I sent mine into AMHA a few weeks ago and havnt heard anything.

Waiting still to send in my AMHR papers im behind
default_rolleyes.gif

I sent both registries transfer paperwork the beginning of January. AMHR paperwork came back last week. I'm still waiting for the AMHA paperwork. I'm sure it will be coming soon. I have a feeling it's due to the time of year we sent our paperwork in.

I sent paperwork to AMHR the last week in December. 9 transfers in one batch and 9 registrations in the other. All were back in my mailbox before the end of January. I thought that was pretty good for end of year crunch.

Latest posts

Back