A peek into my husband's deranged sense of humor...

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CAM

Reaction score
The beautiful Mill Creek Valley~Prineville, OR
These are photos of the outside of the package of my Christmas present from my husband. Since it was too big for him to wrap easily he decided to draw something on the box instead. That's my man!
default_rolleyes.gif
: As you remember, I have been really worried about my minis with the coyotes and cougars roaming around our property. This present is suppose to help with that.

Here's the entire box with extra photos below that show each area in detail.

Gift1.jpg

This is a photo of the picture and wording on the left side of the drawing. It is suppose to be a coyote.
default_rolleyes.gif
:
default_wink.png
:

Gift2.jpg

This is the photo from the right side of the drawing, a cougar. :bgrin

Gift3.jpg

Ok, now this is the photo of the drawing with the mountain in the middle of the drawing. It says, "Mountain home, where 'yotes' (coyotes) and cougs (cougars) fear to tread". Yeah, I know, he's a little strange. Ha ha! There is a photo of horses and our llama in the pasture. Then an angel carrying a rifle watching over the herd. Uh...that would be me. :bgrin

Gift4.jpg

Ok, has anyone guessed what the gift is yet? Scroll down....

A RIFLE! Does it make sense now? I am going to be able to protect the horses while my husband is away and no longer feel helpless when I hear the coyotes howl. :aktion033: Of course I'm not suppose to know what is in the box but my husband is not only of a deranged mind but he keeps a terrible secret too.
default_wink.png
: Now you know what I have to live with everyday. :bgrin

Last edited by a moderator:
LOL!! :lol: I'd have to say that box and your hubby are keepers!

Need pics of you scoping out those varmints!

Very cute :aktion033: I love the sense of humor that's great. I can relate, my Dad is just like him
default_wub.png
:
default_wink.png
:

default_yes.gif
: Yep.......you got yourself an interesting husband......

Do you know how to SHOOT the thing??? :new_shocked: Or does it come with some classes for it too?

MA

Ok what kind of rifle!!?? Did he get the ammo for it also and do you know how to shoot? If not find someone (hubby?) to teach you the safety basics first then pick a safe spot away from anything where the bullets won't fly far away and are stopped by a hill or someting then bang away! Practice practice practice! All women should be able to shoot and do it well if not better than most men because we ladies have a better center of balance. Pictures!!! :aktion033: Then pics of your targets! The shooting alone for practice will keep them varmints at bay! Please keep that box forever..your kids and grandkids will love the story behind it. I wish I was given a new rifle..I'd love a nice lever action Winchester....oooooooooooooooo.

LOL :lol: Congratulations on the new rifle... Now you can keep your babies safe from those cougars and coyotes! Your husband is an interesing one... My hubby to be is terrible at keeping secrets too... I guessed 2 of my Christmas presents!

I opened it! We have always opened the gifts from our family on Christmas Eve because we would go for a big family get together on Christmas. We don't have the big get togethers anymore but the habit stuck.

And...It's a rifle; a semi automatic one! It looks like no rifle I have ever seen before. Kind of like something you see in the movies. The first thing out of my mouth was: "Is it legal?" I know, real nice huh? It looks like something a drug dealer would have. No joke! I think hubby said it was a 223? Am I saying that right? Heck, my 10 year old son has had more practice than me and he knew what it was. "Hey dad, it has less kick than my 30.06" (I hope I wrote that right and said it right). If I didn't blame me not my son. He knew what he was talking about anyway as my husband agreed.

The lessons actually come from our sharpshooter neighbor, the retired police officer and marksman. We have a target already set up here on the property. Practice starts on Tuesday. :bgrin

Let's see if I can remember what else it came with: a 30 round magazine, 200 regular bullets (don't laugh. I know I'm really messing this up
default_rolleyes.gif
default_smile.png
, and 200 tracer bullets (I am told they show a flame or something behind them so you can follow them when you shoot).

Look out you nasty predators, here I come! I feel like I should wear a black Rambo headband and khakis to use this thing! :lol: I'll have to take a picture of it tomorrow for you but I have to head to bed. Santa's coming you know.
default_wink.png
:

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh that is too cool!!!! :bgrin :bgrin :bgrin :bgrin

Your husband is a great guy
default_yes.gif
:
default_yes.gif
:
default_yes.gif
: Which I know you already know
default_wub.png
:
default_wub.png
:
default_wub.png
:

Debra, that packaging is much more precious than wrapping paper would ever be. Anybody can tape paper to a box, but he didn't take the easy way out.

While his artistic abilities may not rival Rembrant his sense of humor is wonderful and he created his own masterpiece. Sounds like a great guy.

:new_shocked: OMG that is a great rifle! You can't miss with something that lite and easy to shoot! Glad you have someone to help with the logistics of it. Now you will feel safer. Those tracer bullets are SUPER for those dawn and dusk shots! Too too cool, you hubby gets high marks for this one! :new_2gunsfiring_v1:
default_thumbup.gif
:

I'm scared to death of guns but i had to laugh reading the box lol.

Your hubby deffently has a sense of humor, he and my brother Bill would get along well.
default_wink.png
:

Watch out Cougs' :lol:

Oh Debra that is way too cool!!! I guessed a rifle right of the bat.....but you had said before you were taking lessons with the neighbor. I hope you never have the need for it, but it's nice to have if you do. Merry Christmas!

Congratulations! Oh and remind me to never show up at your place unannounced! *LOL*

J/K, I hope the beasties get a whiff of what's new at CAM (maybe you should have some banners made up and placed around the property for them to peruse) and don't make you open up your new can of whoop-butt on 'em.

I love it! Thanks for sharing!

One day maybe we'll get to meet your "other half" *LMAO*

He seems like fun!

Liz M.

Ok, Martin is telling me that for your actual shots at your predators, jacketed hollow points are best for the kill shot as in not just injuring but "ending it" .

He used to hunt when he was younger but doesn't much have the stomach for it anymore though he's dispatched a few troublesome critters around here.

Liz

Ok, Martin is telling me that for your actual shots at your predators, jacketed hollow points are best for the kill shot as in not just injuring but "ending it" .

He used to hunt when he was younger but doesn't much have the stomach for it anymore though he's dispatched a few troublesome critters around here.

Liz
Following your lead here Liz having no idea what that is but hubby says "Yep, we have those!" :bgrin

Latest posts

Back