A Nice Weekend At The Dog Shows

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shelley

Reaction score
We took our darling Coco down to the Lansing, MI dog shows this weekend.

She was Winners Bitch and Best of Winners each day for back to back 4 point majors

to finish her Championship.

She finished with 4 majors...three 4 pointers and one 3 point. She was Best of

Winners each time. She had a nice breed win and a group placement along the way as

well as a Specialty reserve win.

We've had a lot of fun with her at the few shows she was entered in, although it went

by way too fast! Now she sits back and waits her turn to be specialed as her sire is in the top 5

and it's his time right now. Coco just turned 2 and so she can wait..she will only get better

over the next year anyway.
default_smile.png
default_wub.png

Shelley

HUGE Congrats Shelley!!!!!

I think I've rubbed all my good luck off onto everyone else!
default_rolleyes.gif

Didn't do so well in Massachusetts last weekend....though Delilah took RWB 2 out of 3 days, both days to 5 point majors!!!! Moxie showed AMAZING on the first day, won her class, but I had to get someone else to handle her for WB class...and they blew it....oh well...

PICTURES???
default_wink.png

~kathryn

congrats! You guys must have big Saluki entries there. It is rare here we have more than one or two in the classes around here.

I love the breed and have said for years I wanted one to show.

HUGE Congrats Shelley!!!!!
I think I've rubbed all my good luck off onto everyone else!
default_rolleyes.gif

Didn't do so well in Massachusetts last weekend....though Delilah took RWB 2 out of 3 days, both days to 5 point majors!!!! Moxie showed AMAZING on the first day, won her class, but I had to get someone else to handle her for WB class...and they blew it....oh well...

PICTURES???
default_wink.png

~kathryn
Thanks, Kathryn! The most recent photos of Coco are out on her breeder's website (as I've been spending

lots of time recently updating his site rather than my own).

Coco's Page

I'll post the win pix when I receive them if they look ok.
default_wink.png

Shelley

congrats! You guys must have big Saluki entries there. It is rare here we have more than one or two in the classes around here.I love the breed and have said for years I wanted one to show.
Thanks! We had a supported entry yesterday, so we had a good entry this weekend.

5-12 2-2

At some shows we don't get any Saluki entry at all, but there are some that usually draw majors.

We get about 90 at our club's Specialty.

Yesterday's Winners Dog went Best of Opposite over the 2 dog specials and Coco was BOW over him so

that was nice also.

Shelley

But the BEST think about Coco is her personality!! She's the friendliest dog in the world!!

All your dogs are gorgeous, but Coco is my favorite.

Congratulations guys!!! Can't wait to see the win photos.

Way to go Shelley!!!!! Congratulations and kisses to Miss Coco. She did a fabulous job. It just doesnt get better than this!!!!

Lyn

Congratulations....she's GORGEOUS! I've never seen a Saluki tail as long (hair) as hers!!
default_wub.png
She looks like she has the ears and tail of an Afghan on a Saluki body!
default_wub.png

that was a nice entry and a VERY nice win. Your girl is stunning!

congrats! You guys must have big Saluki entries there. It is rare here we have more than one or two in the classes around here.I love the breed and have said for years I wanted one to show.
Thanks! We had a supported entry yesterday, so we had a good entry this weekend.

5-12 2-2

At some shows we don't get any Saluki entry at all, but there are some that usually draw majors.

We get about 90 at our club's Specialty.

Yesterday's Winners Dog went Best of Opposite over the 2 dog specials and Coco was BOW over him so

that was nice also.

Shelley

But the BEST think about Coco is her personality!! She's the friendliest dog in the world!!
All your dogs are gorgeous, but Coco is my favorite.

Congratulations guys!!! Can't wait to see the win photos.
Thanks to everyone for your kind comments! Coco spent her day today tearing around in

the snow and relaxing.

As Ruffian knows, Coco is also very good at doing the "conga line!"
default_wacko.png

Thanks Dana for taking care of all the other critters so we could go to the shows this weekend!
default_smile.png

Shelley and Coco

No problem
default_biggrin.png

So where are the win photos???

Unfortunately at the US shows, or at least the ones I've been to, you have to wait to get proofs, then order your photo....and for some reason Booth in Michigan refuses to go digital.....
default_unsure.png

It is frustrating though, because in Canada, or here in Ontario anyway, you get your win photo taken, printed, and go home with it the same day (unless you need some fixing done to the picture).

~kathryn

Latest posts

Back