A mini brag

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sdust

Reaction score
A small little brag …. I went to the Chaffee County Fair here in Colorado with my mini and we did great. They have a driving event open to all. Minis to drafts and mules all compete in the same class. Well…. My mini Trey did really well. Two 1st places! Due to the higher number of entries (13 teams, I believe) there were only 3 classes. Trey won the first class and the 3rd class. For the 3rd class he also won $70! There is nothing like hearing your number called when you win the top prize! So the littlest horse wins!!! The second class Trey did not finish the course. The class needed a helper and even though I was going to try it by myself I was talked into a helper and with the deep surface in the arena Trey decided that he would not work that hard. So, after getting to the far side of the arena I asked the helper to get out of the cart and left with my silly little mini. (Sorry helper person) I am so very proud of my wonderful little guy!

Congratulations!! My home town, Salida!. I was just reading about the fair today and wishing I could be there with the minis, what a coincidence! Very proud of you and your mini.

In 1983 I was on one of the fair board committee's to evaluate other CO county fairs and formulate a plan to create the fair in Poncha Springs as it is now. It used to have facilities too small for the kids to be able to do much. I sure miss being in the 4-H with my daughter and her friends, and I entered my own open events. I hope you have pictures to post for us. So excited to hear about someone from home, and then Renolizzie isn't far from me either right now lol. I HAVE to tell my daughter, she gets on here sometimes, she is now leading her own 4-H horse group with her daughters in Montana.

There is a couple in Buena Vista who went to "Mini Boot Camp" for miniature horse therapy visits. I have their site if you ever want it to go visit them.

Thanks for the comments! The fair is VERY nice and the Chaffe County Driving Club has some of the nicest people! I did not have a camera with me but I will have pictures and will post them. I had two different young men that work for the Mountain Man Newspaper taking pictures of Trey as well as asking me information, so maybe he will be in the paper. That will be fun. Rubyviewminis, I would love the web site. My email is [email protected]

I am very proud of my little guy and sometimes I can not believe that I trained him! I love all the attention he gets when the enitre crowd is cheering for him. He just loves to go....

http://www.mini-blessings.com/

They need volunteers in many areas and do such wonderful work in the area. They might not remember me, I contacted them from reading an article about their boot camp adventure. And here is another coincidence, after we moved from Oracle, Arizona to here a group started a miniature horse therapy program in Oracle. Friends told us about that so I was reading about the boot camp they went to since I took my minis here in Nevada to the handicap riding program locally and wanted to learn more. (whew!) In the process found Mini-Blessings from my hometown. It's for darn sure depressing that where we live there are no active mini owners and I have to *teach* the vets a little and provide small equip. or fight to get the feed and health items for them lol. But after we move, driving clubs and therapy assistance groups form. Lol, maybe someone is trying to tell us something! Of course we were in the roping club and 4-H then for livestock. The very first miniature horse I ever saw was a Leopard stallion at the Pueblo State Fair.

Good for you for promoting our wonderful little guys. Mountain Mail newspaper *chuckling* My mother was circulation manager there for eons. I am pretty sure if they got pictures they will put them in the paper, how exciting! So very nice that you trained him yourself and have so much to show for it. Again, congratulations.

Last edited by a moderator:
Rubyview's daughter here.... how fun!!!! Wow it makes me want to move back to Salida that much more. I am so excited to hear about minis at the fair, and even more exciting you guys beat out the big boys. And there's a driving club! My head is spinning hah.

I can remember, distrinctly, every fair I particpated in, in Chaffee County. I have yearned for years that our 4H club here in Montana was even half as good as it was there. I loved every aspect of it and was involved with horses, sheep and dogs until I moved away at 18.

Congratulations!

That is great!!! Congratulations on your wins and also WTG showing people "what" minis can DO
default_worshippy.gif

Latest posts

Back