A link, A video, and a Question

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What state is your birth certificate from? They seem to be pretty standard here.

If it was that simple, I wonder why the court hasn't thrown it out yet? And why he would not provide the info just to be done with it?

What state is your birth certificate from? They seem to be pretty standard here.
Mine is from the province of Alberta. Thus Canada.
default_smile.png

But birth certificates are not standard from state to state. As I showed in my last post - Ohio also issues a Certification of Birth. Similar to Hawaii's.

Other states may do that as well.

If it was that simple, I wonder why the court hasn't thrown it out yet?
Who knows. The way the court system works - at a snail's pace.... actual cases may take precedence. I am not sure Berg would say his "case" was thrown out... he would just refile.

And why he would not provide the info just to be done with it?
Ummm... he did. That is an official and legal Hawaiian Certification of Birth. As I said before, you cannot have that without having being registered at birth.

So one last time... did the McCain campaign pick up on this stunning and shocking evidence? Would they simply not notice or not investigate such an easy target? So easy to prove false? Are assorted bloggers and blowhards smarter than they are?

No.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was born in Ohio. My birth certificate does have the hospital listed, various signatures, ages of parents, etc. It is not a blank certificate like the one shown.

According to the things I have read, he has never provided the court with a certificate, only posted this eroneous copy on their website.

I am from Wisconsin and the only thing on mine is

Name

Sex

Date of Birth

County of Birth

Birth Name of Mother

Birth Name of Father

File Number

Date Filed

Date of Issue

And the State Registrars Stamped Signature

Looking at mine and my husbands (PA)...we both have Certificate of birth, which was issued on our day of birth, mine is totally different than his since my father was in the armed forces, mine looks like a form. We also have a Certification of birth, which was issued years after our birth. Our parents gave these to us...I'm assuming the Certification are copies that they requested at a later date. The Certification one that we have looks very similiar to the one Dannielle posted.

Just a couple weeks ago, my husband was passing through Canada on his way to NY. At the border, he handed them both the Certification and the Certificate (he didn't know which they needed)...they handed him back the Certification and told him they wanted the Certificate (original).

edited to add: I just looked at them again, my husbands original is called a "Record of Birth", not Certificate, it is handwritten, not typed. My original is called a "Certificate of live birth", also handwritten, both have seels on them with the doctors signature, time of birth, blah blah blah. The Certification's we have only have dob, date filed, date issued, file number, county of birth, name and gender. It is all typed with a stamped signature from the state registrar.

In the USA there is a difference between certification of birth and the real birth certificate. No one is denying that a certification of birth gives the fact that you were born. Will not work when you need a real birth certificate to register your child in school all the way through proof that you are old enough to collect social security. I even had to have my husbands REAL birth certificate before I could put him in the nursing home. I mean it was very obviously he was born, he was sitting in a wheel chair right in front of them, but still had to have the real thing. Been there, done that. Your paper would not work here in the good old USA.
default_smile.png

Your paper would not work here in the good old USA.
default_smile.png
Bassett, it does work. It is legal and acceptable and correct. I have used it at the border a gazillion times and in other situations as well. The Homeland Security officers have never had any issues with it whatsoever. Neither has anyone else.

Very few of us have the long form - but if you present the border officers with a choice, they will look at the one with more info on it. But the other one is also correct.

In Alberta, copies of the Registration of Birth are rarely needed by citizens and are, by law, for restricted use only - as in for genealogical, court or consulate purposes. They are not for use as identification.

According to the things I have read, he has never provided the court with a certificate, only posted this eroneous copy on their website.
Charley - the copy is not erroneous - no matter what some internet \\\"experts\\\" will tell you based in their microscopic examination of a pixillated image and not the actual paper. I do not think anything has had to go to actual court yet - and I doubt if any court would even waste their time with it. Hawaii obviously does not issue the long forms as a certicate/certification/call it what you will. Neither has Ohio at times - as you can see from Lebron James\\\'. Or from the sounds of it, Wisconsin. This will all vary from state to state - and even from year to year as documents and designs may change.

A birth certificate/certification is PROOF that you have a registration of birth in the state/province shown. The certificate may not have all the info on it that a original registration form did. That does not make it erroneous.

Here is a sample of the new British Columbia one you can order - similar to the new Alberta one. You can opt to have your parents' names on it if you wish. And yes - this is legal. The bar code will contain all the info anyone could ever need.

bc-birth-cert-individual.jpg

I'll refer back to the factcheck link that Danielle posted earlier. It has all the information you need about this... photos. everything.... assuming that you want facts, of course. It is all there. Including why the term Afircan was used. They just use the terms the parents used for the registration. They even address the "photoshop" claims some have made...

http://www.factcheck.org/elections-2008/born_in_the_usa.html

I like this little excerpt:

We think our colleagues at PolitiFact.com, who also dug into some of these loopy theories put it pretty well: \\\"It is possible that Obama conspired his way to the precipice of the world’s biggest job, involving a vast network of people and government agencies over decades of lies. Anything’s possible. But step back and look at the overwhelming evidence to the contrary and your sense of what’s reasonable has to take over.
In fact, the conspiracy would need to be even deeper than our colleagues realized. In late July, a researcher looking to dig up dirt on Obama instead found a birth announcement that had been published in the Honolulu Advertiser on Sunday, Aug. 13, 1961:

close-up.jpg

Obama's birth announcement

The announcement was posted by a pro-Hillary Clinton blogger who grudgingly concluded that Obama "likely" was born Aug. 4, 1961 in Honolulu.

Of course, it's distantly possible that Obama's grandparents may have planted the announcement just in case their grandson needed to prove his U.S. citizenship in order to run for president someday. We suggest that those who choose to go down that path should first equip themselves with a high-quality tinfoil hat. The evidence is clear: Barack Obama was born in the U.S.A.
I hate to keep repeating this as it seems so very obvious... but think about it. If there was actually ANY truth whatsoever to any of this - why would the McCain campaign not use it? This "scandal" has been going around for months. They know about it - they know it is pointless. They really are smarter than the blowhards and bloggers. They know what they are doing. They know there is nothing to investigate.

*off to play with horses!*

Here is alink that refers to the different certificates

Birth Certificates

It talks about a long and a short certificate (short one being the one Danielle posted), it says that this certificate is usually acceptable for proof of birth, but not always...it does not give the reasons why it is not accepted always. There is a difference in the two.

Whether there's a long form, a short form, or 10 different forms is beside the point. The question is why doesn't he produce it? Still a good question that none of us can answer.

Whether there's a long for, a short form, or 10 different forms is beside the point. The question is why doesn't he produce it? Still a good question that none of us can answer.
Exactly!!!!!

Latest posts

Back