A hypothedical Question

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RNR

Reaction score
Hello all

I am have a quick hypothedical question abour breeding! If one were to breed a Donkey Jack to a miniature mare with stifle issues would that be pased on to the mule baby? I know that this mare has passed it on to a her miniature horse foal and for this reason will not be breed anymore! My question is would breeding her to a DOnkey stregthen the foals stifles? I am just wondering curious ect! I am not saying I am going to breed said mare I am just wondering !

RNR

Wish I could help you...I am no help at all. But hang in there, I am sure there are others on here that can be of help
default_yes.gif
: Teri

I'll ask around. I think donkeys are put together a little differently than a horse, same parts just a little differnt. I've never dealt with that so can't say for sure. We have a large mule population here so I will try and find out.

OK.....there have been mules known to have locking stifles so I would have to say YES....she could pass that on to a mule so I personally wouldn't try it.

Hope it helps!

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, mares can pass on genetic problem to mule foals, and a stallion can pass on his genetic flaws if breeding for hinnys. Corinne

Thanks Guys !

That is what I thought! I was just wondering what you guys thought!

RNR

Latest posts

Back