A good closeup of Duckie in Harness

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shortpig

Reaction score
Dorothy has done such a wonderful job with Duckie. She stands there very still and accepts being harnessed no muss no fuss. Well maybe a little. Doesn't like that cinch being tightened. But she will just stand there while being hitched to the cart. On this particular day she oh so wanted to trot and trot and trot. Just needed to burn off some energy I guess. So Dorothy pretty much trotted her and Duckie looked great. We have a video. Yep! Can't get it to load up to the internet, can't get it to send in an email. But I can set and watch it. Bummer!

Well here she is just standing and being a good mare.

DuckieMay4th2010061.jpg

I agree with that!
default_yes.gif
But isn't your cart a bit to low and out of balance?

This lady is the trainer, not the owner of the mare. I have had horses here for training that I have had to go to different carts for...but some folks don't have the luxury of owning four or five carts, or like me, having a couple specially made to be very adjustable.

But to answer your question (sticking my nose in...gets me in trouble a lot)
default_rolleyes.gif
yes, the cart does seem as you stated.

Duckie is a tall girl but not over the 39" that is required for a VSE horse. I might have to get 26" wheels for this girl. It is far better for the shafts to slant up than slant down. Plus they are just relaxing at a halt and Dorothy is setting back some.

Yes, indeed the cart looks low and out of bablance, but what you don't see is that the ground is very uneven and Duckie is standing down hill from the cart. Notice that the breast plate is rather forward and out of place. Not enough breeching you say?? Perhaps that is true.This cart was made for another person, but I use it because it has tortion axles which are good for my back on the uneven ground...good for the horses back too, .I expect. When in motion, the shafts are floating in the loops, so I'm thinking it is okay. This is a breaking cart: we save the good Jerolds and Smart Carts for the ones with a little more time under their cinch. As Marie says, " Duckie is a very good girl who is doing quite well in her "studies". Soon enough she will be turned out in the more appropriate equipment.

Dorothy

Yay, Ducky!!! Sounds like she is doing awesome! Looks like she is going to be awesome for you guys. Keep enjoying her. Figure out how to get that video up. Can you download it to Youtube and then post the link? That is fairly simple but takes a bit of time to upload it. (about 1 hour)

Yay, Ducky!!! Sounds like she is doing awesome! Looks like she is going to be awesome for you guys. Keep enjoying her. Figure out how to get that video up. Can you download it to Youtube and then post the link? That is fairly simple but takes a bit of time to upload it. (about 1 hour)
Everytime I have tried to upload to youtube or photobucket my computer just stops running so I have given up. I really wanted to share it but I can't even get it into an email after compressing in a zip file. Tried that also. For now it has to be just still pictures I guess.

Back