A few new pictures of Miss Pixie and Miss Mixie

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
N

New_Image

AFTER catching them, Took the new girls out for a little walk that turned into a leading lesson for the one little girl. Brushed them and wormed them and took a few pictures too!

Mixie --

MixieRight.jpg

MixieRight2.jpg

Pixie--

PixieLeft.jpg

PixieRight.jpg

They are such sweet mares, I am thrilled to peices with them but they have quite a ways to come - I will enjoy every minute of working with them though
wub.gif

Image and Rodeo wanted to share their toy corner too.... They always have some pop bottles or orange juice cartons, fresh ones weekly, and some other assorted fun things to play with and tugg on. They manage to take most of them down in a week or so... So today I re hung everything and boy were they excited to see all that fun stuff up for playing!

f18533cc.jpg

6cc3cf32.jpg

64f967b1.jpg

Such sweet little boys! These two are getting more Christmas presents then me! Not spoiled are they
wub.gif

As always, great pictures!!!!! And, I am behind and didn't know about the new girls! They are very pretty!!!!!

They are great Nicole- in that first picture- that mare does look a bit like Lizzie , you know, there's something about the head and eye...???

Your colts look like they would be at home in a parrot cage
smile.gif

Now, for my peace of mind, please tell me that lead rein with the clip is not part of the toy line up???
smile.gif

Rabbitsfizz, Mixie definatly looks a little like Lizzy, thats one of the reasons I had to get them! Baby Rodeo sure thinks she looks like mommy.

Lizzy

And sorry, but that is the original toy
wink.gif
The boys found those ties (there are 3) and thought they were the coolest things to bang up against stall walls, so I added on and they leave my ties alone now.

OK, BUT....(ther's always a BUT
rolleyes.gif
) please, PLEASE tape up the clip, or super glue it shut- if they got a lip, eye, tooth, whatever caught, they could make an unholy mess of themselves!!
smile.gif

Its a bull snap, no possible way they can get into it, my mom still hasnt figured out how to open them!

OMGosh i love Mixie!!!!!! She is really going to be a beauty when spring comes and that winter coat is gone.

So spill the beans, which one gave you the hard time?? lol

Leeana

Your lucky ...

Congratulations Nicole!

Your two new girls are gorgeous. I am very impressed with Mixie, she has a beautiful head and neck!

I cannot wait to see their foals next year!

Leeana,

That would be both of them
rolleyes.gif
wub.gif
wink.gif

They are my newest projects! They havent had much handleing, just been pastured and brood mares.

I Explained to them today, that they will learn to pick up their feet, lead, lounge, drive, clip, bathe, and more! I was excited but they just looked at me like "Uh-Huh... Do you suppose this poor deprived girl didnt have dolls as a child?" "Oh Im not sure sister but that could be why she feels the need to brush every last horse here twice dailey!" "Yes yes and braid forelocks too!" "Uh huh and did you see she even braided the BOYS forelocks?!" "Oh yes sister, I did notice that!" "How odd! I sure hope she doesnt plan to paint our hooves and braid our hair too, how nerve racking." "I hear ya sister, that would be very scarey and what do you suppose this talk of driving is?" "I belive once again it boils down to lack of toys as a youngster.. miniatures such as ourselves arent driving horses I dont suppose" "Very correct, she must be mistaken on the driving thing, why is she sitting in the middle of our paddock, should we go see her?" "Nope, she might try to braid our hair remember?" "Oh right sister! We dont want that.. or do we?"

biggrin.gif

Last edited:
New_Image Posted Today, 06:32 PM   Leeana,

That would be both of them   
I have a pretty good amount of faith in your training skills ..this time next year im sure you will have them trained better then Coco, lol thats a hard one to.

When i got Rocky, he was a handful. He came around though after about a week or two ..he's really sweet and smart. He's just wonderful now.

So which one is the one your going to end up keeping?

Leeana

OH GOODNESS I CANT KEEP QUIET ANYMORE! IF YOU DONT BECOME A PHOTOGRAPHER OR A WRITER OR A PRO HORSE TRAINER I DONT KNOW WHO SHOULD IN YOUR STED. YOUR A TALENTED YOUNG LADY. AND THOSE ARE BEAUTIFUL MARES! LOVE THE TOYS TO. GOT A IDEA FOR MINE NOW!

What dolls they are Nicole...I'm going to have to make a trip up there sometime and meet you and all those horses! We are looking at a new house...60 acres...I could put a new mini or two on that! By the time we got it ready - Pixie and Mixie's foals would already be weaned...hmmm
wink.gif

They look great Nicole and I bet Marnie is just thrilled you bought them!
aktion033.gif
You'll have them "eating out of your hand" in no time!
laugh.gif
Can't wait to see their babies....ummm....I have first choice, right??!!
biggrin.gif

LOL Yes Cheryl, you still have first dibs on the black and white pinto filly I know your hopeing for
wink.gif
That is unless I decide to keep some ones foal hehe!

Fordney Farms - Anytime! Id love to meet you. And if Cheryl doesnt claim a foal I'll let you know lol! I cant wait to see the little foals
wub.gif
I hate waiting!

Great pictures Nicole! Mixie reminds me so much of my new gelding Rio! She's beautiful! Im sure they will be your best buds in no time! Anxious to see their foals next year!

Last edited by a moderator:
VERY nice mares! They certainly will be fun projects... and I really think that they will surprise you in the spring when all that hair comes off and you can really see what they are... they are lovely, lovely well balanced mares. Great job picking those two out....!
aktion033.gif

Suzy Hooper

Show Horses by Suzy

Fresno, Ca

Nicole, I really enjoyed the pictures of your new girls and loved the little story that you (they) told. Bet, they are wondering how this whirlwind of a girl ever got a hold of them! HA!!

Okay! I just can't contain myself any longer!! Here is Mixie's filly from this year.

I bought her from Marnie when she was weaned, her name is "Sunset Ridge Sweet N Sassy!" She is just adorable and has remained tiny and petite. The rest of my weanlings are taller then Sweetie but she doesn't take any sass from any of them. I told Marnie she is well named and am thinking about calling her Sassy instead of Sweetie.

Nicole, I am hoping that Mixie gives you another filly like this, I know you would be well pleased!!

Sweetie9-19-05.jpg

I would be VERY pleased if I found one of those next year
wub.gif
Im not sure how possible it is but I would just LOVE a Palomino pinto filly and a buckskin pinto colt to have Miniature size Molly and Image - painted!

Latest posts

Back