A Couple Pieced Lap Quilt Tops

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finished the green lap quilt yesterday.

GreenOhioStarQuilt1.jpg

GreenOhioStarQuilt2.jpg

Wow your fast!!! I think about this one and the blue one and I keep wondering if I can do it. They both are so classic and lovely!!

They are easy to make. The Ohio Star blocks are easy for beginning quilting. The sashing is then added to the blocks and then to each other. Once the quilt top is pieced, the frames are sewn over the seams where the sashing meets (appliquéd). Then I added the outer border, sandwiched the top, batting, and backing fabric (which is the same as the sashing on this quilt), quilted it, and hand sewed the binding on (I really need to learn to sew the binding on the machine, but so far I haven't taken time to learn how to do that, so used to hand sewing when I learned that I never took time to do it any other way).

You can do this. Just that one extra step of appliqué. I didn't use the appliqué stitch (zig zag) but just pinned it in place (folded over on each side so no raw edges are showing) and sewed it on with my quilting stitch and regular plastic foot.

Lois

Latest posts

Back