A couple new foals

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aubrey715

Reaction score
Well on Tuesday night at about 10:30 one of our maiden mares foaled a sorrel colt. He is sired by our Sids Rebel son, Lucky Four Rebels Reno. He is all legs and he will make an amazing driving horse in a few years.

e9797a36.jpg

e97978f9.jpg

e9797573.jpg

e9797729.jpg

Then yesterday afternoon at about 4:45 i was at the barn and noticed Baybeemee laying down acting weird and she was staring at her side. So i went in to check her bag and to get some milk to test and i looked under her tail and i have never seen a mare so swolen up. The milk test instantly turned the last color. My grandparents had taken some puppies to the vet and i was the only person around and i was supposed to be leaving to go to work right then, so i called to see when they would be home and told them that she was going to foal within the hour. They weren't going to be home for another couple hours. Before i got off the phone with them i walked back over to her stall to look at her and she layed back down and started pushing and i told them i had to go she was having the baby right now. Well then i noticed something wasn't right and she was having some trouble so i went in and the baby was positioned wrong and i got him straightened out and then he came right out after that. And to top it all off it was also a RED BAG DELIVERY so i ripped him out of the sack as quick as i could and he was alive. It is a bay(looks sorrel) COLT that is going to turn grey. This mare hasn't had a baby in 5 years, this is her 2nd live foal she has had. Her other baby was a leopard appy colt (a full brother to this colt), then she lost the next 2 foals, and then we have had trouble getting her back in foal. So i am glad i was there for this foal or we would have lost him too. His full brother was born bay with a blanket of spots and when we clipped him he was grey with spots all over. This colt is just bay with some appy characteristics. When we bought Baybeemee as a yearling she was bay, then a year later she started spotting out and now she is a varnish appy. This colt is sired by our National Grand Champion, Lucky Four Silvers Rebel Legacy.

e97973a9.jpg

e9797263.jpg

e9797172.jpg

e979706a.jpg

e9796f84.jpg

We only have 4 more mares left to foal this year.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice looking boys!!!!!
default_wub.png
: :aktion033: Congrats! Maybe the filly fairy will fly by for your last 4 ! I love the LONG LEGS.

So glad you were there to get that colt. We had one scary delivery this year and it certainly can make the owner go gray too! (yes pun intended!). Beautiful mares too:))))
default_wub.png
:

WOW, congratulations on your 2 new colts! So glad you were there for that second one!

Congrats! Maybe the filly fairy will fly by for your last 4 !
Suzie, I think you are holding that filly fairy hostage there in your avatar!
default_yes.gif
:
default_wink.png
:

:aktion033: congrats,

what cutie.

i am glad everything worked out for your colt and mare.

Congratulations on a couple of cuties!!!

Congratulations on two more cuties! So glad you were there to save the second one - he's a looker!

Aubrey,

Congratulations on more beautiful babies! :aktion033: And kudos for delivery the foal so quickly and getting him repositioned and out of the bag. I'm in awe! :worshippy:

Latest posts

Back