A clever mini

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Flyte200

Reaction score
Anyone on here that has minis that are too clever!!

Mine is too clever he get though electric fence wire and can climb up my bank into my front garden and he's only 30''.

He's not afraid of electric fence as he just walks through it..Any tips??/

Did it happen to anyone before?/

Mini's are way too clever for there size.. :bgrin :bgrin :bgrin.

Can you make the shock higher? For are dogs we had to, We had it on low but they kept getting out
default_sad.png

We live near a major road and they really like to venture around it.

Make sure it's also not grounding out because of tall grasses or anything.

You know, those things have GOT to feel different to a horse. I've been zapped by more then one of them, and :new_shocked: OH MY GOODNESS did it HURT

My mother tells a story of an 18hh cross they had. He loved to lean on the cross-current electric fence! Said fence had a big ditch on the otherside... and one day, he flat rolled the fence over and ended up walking along in the ditch!

Rainsong has a point.......How HOT is your fence?? Also how many strands????

And yes, grounding IS an issue too.

MA

The voltage is 12!!Pretty high!!

A friend of mine said try one from the mains but im not sure!!

Its not touching grass or anything and there is 8 strands to try and keep him in but it doesnt work he walks in and out of it! :bgrin ..

I have one from the mains and it keeps her in but i know when it is not working when i wake up and see her in the garden. If you can notice how and where she gets out it might help. I noticed that my mini lifts it with her nose and goes under because she knows its not on. Hope that helped a bit, good luck.

Muiread

Latest posts

Back