A Big Thank You! Our new girls are home.....

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Loess Hills

Reaction score
Sioux City, Iowa - on the Lewis & Clark Trail
Just wanted to post a thank you to Frank and Charlotte Lupton of Reflections for allowing us to purchase two of their wonderful horses. Reflections Wings CBY, black and white weanling filly, a Lucky 17 Cowboy daughter, and Cedar Crofts Blaze N Bobbi Sox, AMHR National Champion Mare in foal to Star Skipper. The beauty, refinement, and color of these mares is extraordinary!

And we got to meet Cowboy, Star Skipper, and see the other fine mares and foals. Such a beautiful barn and setting! We had a great visit and learned so much. Frank and Charlotte were so willing to share their knowledge, and so hospitable it was hard to leave. I want to go back again because I've visited their website so much, I feel I know all the horses like old friends. And the foals were just exquisite!

Our new girls came home this weekend and are settling in well. Wings is so petite and fine-boned she looked lost in her big stall.........we had to lower the water bucket six inches so she could take a drink! Bobbi is taking everything in and letting the other mares know, even across the fence, that she's the boss!

Sometimes I've got to pinch myself that they are actually in our barn..........keep going out to check on them, sit and watch them kick up their heels in their own little pasture and check out the new environment. Found out that they love the Iowa brome grass hay.
default_yes.gif
:
default_yes.gif
:
default_yes.gif
:. They tear into that even before their grain. Of course, Charlotte throughtfully sent little prepackaged "meals" for each of them, along with notes.

Here's some of pictures of them. Thank you Charlotte! until we can take some of our own:

Bobbi

image032.jpg

Wings has three tiny little white socks, and one black hoof, along with her white "angels wings" on each side

image007.jpg

image039.jpg

Congratulations,

I love Bobbi, what a beautiful mare! and Wings is gorgeous too!!

Lucky you.

Congratulations!! Bobbi is a beautiful mare!! I own her daughter, who is actually a full sister to whatever Bobbi is carrying right now, LOL. She's the little red and white pinto filly trotting in my avatar--there are two pictures of her. I was "bad" and didn't take any new pictures of her this year, and now that she's getting hairy, she'll have to wait until next year as a two year old for new pictures!

Again, congratulations!!!

Congratulations on your 2 new girls!!! :aktion033: I'll be looking for Wings at the shows and the news of your new Skipper foal in 2007.
default_smile.png

Thank you, everyone, for your compliments. Gosh, we're so in love with these two...
default_wub.png
:. ........and gradually introducing them to our other mares. Aaron has been videotaping them since arrival and putting together a little film we're planning on sending to Reflections so they can see how the girls are doing. LOL!

Lavonne, sorry we missed the picnic, but we'd just gotten home, and wanted to get them settled.

Russ, now that you are addicted to showing, I'm sure we'll be seeing more of you next year at shows!

Sandy and Three C...... Bobbi has the prettiest movement, and such a beautiful head. She's spunky, too! I'd sure love to see her daughter, she looks gorgeous in the picture.

vvf, thanks, think we passed around you at Sioux Falls in August at the Sioux Empire Fair, sorry we didn't get to meet and visit.

WOW! :new_shocked: They are both just beautiful!
default_wub.png
: Super Congrats! :aktion033:

Congratulations! Both your girls are beautiful!

We have quite a bit a bit in common! My husband and I became the proud owners of Reflections Random Doodles (Dude) a Cowboy son in August and one of our mares Lauralee's Troubles Chasyn Rainboys is in foal to Star Skipper.

What an exciting time this is! We took Dude to the Kansas State Fair and he won Reserve Grand Champion Jr. Stallion!

Charlotte and Frank are the most wonderful people! Congrats again and good luck with your girls! Sheila
default_smile.png

Latest posts

Back