75 - 125 Kansas Minis "OMG Please help by WRITING!!"

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It may be the best thing if Mr. Trembly moves the horses to another county as long as we know where they are going. It would mean a different sheriff to work with.

Robin

He told me if I want to come with a trailer to try and go for it and he wished me luck. He seemed in very good spirits too.
Now WHY would he be in such good spirits?
Because if the horses are being moved he will soon be rid of the problem (us)......... As I have stated twice here if the horses are moved he will not be held accountable for his inaction. He will claim ignorance as to where they are - no horses - no evidence - no further action possible.

Awww, maybe thats why the sheriff is in a good mood, they are being moved out of his jurisdiction?

Is it possible someone reading the topics made him a offer her couldn`t refuse. Possible a good cash offer on the lot???
If that were the case then why the secrecy? And wouldn't a new owner have a vet out for a health cert and so on? I admit it's a nice thought though.

The best thing is, Fox News was out there and shot some film. No one can say *THAT* was faked. It documents that the horses were there. Even if they are moved Fox News may want to do a follow-up story, and the sheriff will look pretty darn silly if someone took nearly 100 horses right out from under his supposed "watchful eye".

Here is the URL for two still captures from the Fox News video: http://www.beautiful-horses.com/vern.jpg and http://www.beautiful-horses.com/pregnantmare.jpg I am hosting these on my website if anyone wants to use them for evidence. They say Fox News right on them, no one can claim they are faked. Thanks to LindaB for doing the still captures.

I'm digging people:

Harold Coleman asked commissioners if the County would waive the landfill dumping fee for a truck load of C&D from cleanup at the Hammond Community. Commissioners approved the request and notified the landfill of the person who will be driving it there.

C & D? What is that? When was this?

And holy cow, I see this is spreading on Craigslist all across the country now!!!! Denver to Philadelphia, etc....

Pretty funny too that H. Coleman donated a whopping $25.00 to the Kansas Governmental ETHICS Commission last year to Shirley Palmer who was apparently running for State Representative.

Last edited by a moderator:
I suppose anything is possible and we can speculate but not the best thing to do. This is what confuses me:

[quote"WE ARE OUT OF TIME

Trembly is moving the horses.

We do not know where he is taking them unless someone follows him to see where they are going.

We have heard rumors of trucks and trailers out there but we do not know who it is: If it is Trembly or people who are protesting, or even possibly PETA is on the scene. We do not know.

We have also heard the horses will be remaining on the property under the "supervision" of the Sheriff, but we already know we cannot trust that statement is true either.

If anyone can get there please do so.

If the Sheriff was doing his job and upholding the law, he should have arrested Trembly by now and surrendered the horses to CHMR. We fear there will be no surrender of the horses to us or any other group at this point.

This post has been edited by Marty: Today, 12:24 PM quote]

First it is, "Trembly is moving the horses....." "We do no tknow where is is taking them......" but then it is

"We have heard rumors of trucks and trailers out there but we do not know who it is......."

Then: "If anyone can get there please do."

This is very confusing because we are then told CMHR is on the scene! If they are on the scene wouldn't they know if it is Trembly or not that is moving the horses and not guess that it may be PETA. NOW, DO THEY KNOW OR NOT KNOW who is moving the horses? Is it Trembly or not Trembly ......and if it is not known for sure and rumors are all we are getting then we have no facts.....

I wish someone did make him an offer on them....they couldn't have any worse owner than what they have now, from the looks of the pictures. I do not want to specualte and will just have to wait for the facts to come in. Mary

Is it possible someone reading the topics made him a offer her couldn`t refuse. Possible a good cash offer on the lot???

I re watched the fox 4 news story and Mr. Trembly did in fact say he was having the vets from KSU vet school were going to examine the horses on Tuesday. Today when I talked to the Sheriff he said it was not Mr. Trembly but the Sheriffs office that was having the horses looked at by the KSU Vet school on Thursday. Something is really rotten in Hazard. Boss Hog can't get his story strait. The next thing worse than an animal abuser is a lying Sheriff. I would not trust him if he were in my county.

I think we all just to have some patience and wait for CMHR to tell us what they know. We all know we can't believe a word that comes out of the sheriff's mouth, so we just wait.....and hit the refresh button and hit it again, and again, and again....... :lol:

I have been copied on the following two emails within the last two hours since the first rumor emerged about the horses being moved:

The first was from a rescue group in Kansas:

When I read the e-mail below
[refers to horses being moved]
, I immediately called the TV reporter working this case for KOAM television station out of Fort Scott, Kansas to ask what he knew about this.

He told me that he left the property just a little while ago and at that time there were no trucks or trailers there. He interviewed Vernon Trembly, owner of the horses (as did other reporters) and Vernon Trembly was explaining that the horses were skinny because of worms and that, yes, one horse had cancer, and he had only one horse with one eye (the other eye probably got poked out by a protruding limb or stump).

My guess is that the TV station with the helicopter would be one of the stations out of Kansas City, Missouri that has a helicopter. If, indeed, Trembly would try to move the horses, being able to monitor his movements with a helicopter would make him probably more reluctant to move them and would certain afford a clear view of where they were taken.

A news story is being prepared.
The second was from the HSUS representative in Kansas:

I am in contact with the sheriff and the county attorney. An independent veterinarian from KSU is supposed to further evaluate the horses. I have indicated our willingness, and they seem to be accepting of such, to work to remedy this situation in the best interest of the horses. I plan to continue working on this case to the best of my abilities.
I hope that the report of trucks and trailers was merely the news trucks on the property and that no horses are in fact being moved. I'll wait for the first hand report tomorrow from MaryKansas though before I know what to believe!!

Please have patience.... since there are 'others' reading this board that apparently take sympathy with poor Mr. Trembly and feel the sheriff is doing the 'right thing' then I am sure not ALL info is going to be pasted here. It would defeat the entire point.

Has anyone tried contacting any of these other officials in the county? The mayor of Ft Scott where the sheriff's office is and is the county seat? Others??

http://www.fortscott.com/community/government.asp

Please have patience.... since there are 'others' reading this board ...........
Hmmmm, I wonder........could that possibly be why Mr. Sheriff is in a good mood? He's reading this post, and watching us get all worked up and worried.

Bad sheriff.............. :new_2gunsfiring_v1: BAD SHERIFF............. :new_2gunsfiring_v1:

Please have patience.... since there are 'others' reading this board that apparently take sympathy with poor Mr. Trembly and feel the sheriff is doing the 'right thing' then I am sure not ALL info is going to be pasted here. It would defeat the entire point.
Yes I think that is exactly the point(problem) he has his supporters and has from the get go remember go and read back from the beginning way before this got this much "outside" attention he was "warned" and tipped off from some who had been reading this forum and or knew him and I am sure somehow thru all of this he has gained more supporters.

As for the law enforcement.. I dont even know what to say even living in Los Angeles (and lets face it the LAPD doesnt have the best reputation for a reason) I try to remain respectful and thankful to those who opt to do that job even though plenty of times I have been given reason not to - you know that few bad apples ruining the whole bunch thing but .....Ijust really am not sure what the motivation here is to do nothing, to prove "us" a bunch of crazy hysterical women when bottom line facts are facts and how does one explain that his horses are the only farm in the WHOLE country with SEVERAL in fact MANY 45-50 yr old horses a whole herd of them come on now any law enforcement training would have to come back to if it simply doesnt make sense odds are it isnt true

Last edited:
I have been copied on the following two emails within the last two hours since the first rumor emerged about the horses being moved:
The first was from a rescue group in Kansas:

When I read the e-mail below [refers to horses being moved], I immediately called the TV reporter working this case for KOAM television station out of Fort Scott, Kansas to ask what he knew about this.

He told me that he left the property just a little while ago and at that time there were no trucks or trailers there. He interviewed Vernon Trembly, owner of the horses (as did other reporters) and Vernon Trembly was explaining that the horses were skinny because of worms and that, yes, one horse had cancer, and he had only one horse with one eye (the other eye probably got poked out by a protruding limb or stump).

My guess is that the TV station with the helicopter would be one of the stations out of Kansas City, Missouri that has a helicopter. If, indeed, Trembly would try to move the horses, being able to monitor his movements with a helicopter would make him probably more reluctant to move them and would certain afford a clear view of where they were taken.

A news story is being prepared.
:aktion033: :aktion033: :aktion033:

Until we know the "facts" as to what is happening on site at the moment or not, we are like in a revolving door, just going around and around and around
default_wacko.png
: and we can speculate till kingdom come but it won't get us anywhere. There is not much more we can do until we get an update from someone in the know, Ginny or other members that at the front of this. I know that this evening I am going to sit down and compose a blanket "letter to the Editor" and submit to the various papers in Kansas, basically an "open letter" to Sherriff Coleman, asking him point blank some questions on his handling of this entire situation and hopefully, in a tactful way, letting the constituents of that county know that they are not being well served by this sheriff. I have no idea if the position of sheriff is appointed or elected but the hard facts are showing that the people who reside within that county have a sheriff that is not serving them well, nor is he following the law which is was hired to do. We can't let the people in Kansas forget what a "black-eye" this sheriff has given to that State, not only in the U.S. but in Canada, Australia, Europe. My personal belief is I think something will come of all of this. Perhaps they won't be removed from the property at this time but be seized on site and treated. I think some of the best friends to those horses right now, besides CMHR are the other rescues in the area that are stepping up to the plate, they know the laws of Kansas perhaps more than non kansas residents. Having seen the pictures and the severity that this has taken on these horses, I don't think they need to be moved long distances until they are much healthier. Moving them great distances at the moment may be very detrimental to them. I also personally think, and I am not a vet by any means, that perhaps putting them on a mega worming program, as Mr. Trembly insists is the only problem they have, might kill them. I am anxious to hear what the KSU vet says about all of this.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a question...I just watched the Youtube video and it is stated that one of the males has cancer of the sheath. Did a vet diagnose/confirm that? (I haven't read all the responses here, so if it was stated, please forgive me).
The reason I ask is because my gelding currently has a summer sore and it often bleeds from his nipping at it. He is under a vet's care, and all is under control. But if a vet or the owner never confirmed that the little guy does indeed have cancer, it might hurt the situation to make accusations that have no merrit. Just something to be careful of.
The information on the little gelding came straight from Trembly himself. I wouldn't dare speculate about something like that or post hear-say. :no:

Shannon

Thank you so much for answering.
default_smile.png
I was just curious because truthfully, Gideon's leg has looked like that a time or two, and I'd hate for someone to assume he had cancer. And unfortunately, the stupid flies refuse to leave him alone, making the situation so much worse!!! I've been trying to keep up with this situation and all the posts, but it just gets sooo hard when there's over a thousand to read.
default_rolleyes.gif
: You all are doing a great job with bringing this to the public's attention!!! Keep up the great work.

I have a question...I just watched the Youtube video and it is stated that one of the males has cancer of the sheath. Did a vet diagnose/confirm that? (I haven't read all the responses here, so if it was stated, please forgive me).
The reason I ask is because my gelding currently has a summer sore and it often bleeds from his nipping at it. He is under a vet's care, and all is under control. But if a vet or the owner never confirmed that the little guy does indeed have cancer, it might hurt the situation to make accusations that have no merrit. Just something to be careful of.
The information on the little gelding came straight from Trembly himself. I wouldn't dare speculate about something like that or post hear-say. :no:

Shannon

You guys are too funny, do you still really believe a vet from KSU is even coming?? :no: I really have my doubts- look who the information came from!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back