75 - 125 Kansas Minis "OMG Please help by WRITING!!"

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here it is:

Could the local feed stores be contacted to try and decide what kind if any feed Mr. Trembly feeds and at what frequency he buys feed. There isn't a large amount of feed stores in the area. Hammond Feed 620-857-4421. Miller Feed 620-223-3420, there is a circle s feeds I couldn't find the number. There is also a gentleman in Fort Scott that may be a good person to recruit into helping. He is the pastor at Faith Christian Center in Fort Scott, his name is Tim O'Neal. His wife and him have a few mini's. There is also a Girad Elevator in Girad, Kansas that is pretty popular to buy bulk feed.
It was posted by UNKOWN.

ETA: This is in answer to sre-showtime's question about a pastor who has a miniature horse.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am learning that there is progress through KSU and that we do not need to inundate them just yet. If they can go in and examine the horse - understanding that the report is that he is now surrending the "worst of the worst" we can get this done the right way and faster.

In the meantime I am putting together a list of Kansas residents who are willing to list themselves as interested parties for a pleading to file in the local court to allow us to have an independent medical exam and temporary custody of the horses. That is the slow way but I will have it all ready to go if this new momentum does not continue. From my discussions I understand that we will have "boots on the ground" there soon to have our own monitors in place. We have a lead on an excellent independent equine vet who is also at KSU. We will need filing fees, bond fees and perhaps expert fees to support the civil litigation route. I believe we will spear head this through CMHR and their fundraising. Please contact me if you want to be named as an interested Kansas resident in this matter. I will contact the state rep of the humane society to update and enlist their coop. I would see filing this Friday or Monday.

I need to hear from the folks there in Uniontown or Pittsburgh so I don't stomp on any progress they are making. my email [email protected] - home/work phone 281-970-7191 and cell 832-526-0481

We do this not because it is easy........

:aktion033: :aktion033: :aktion033: We're coming we're coming please hang on!! Wish I were in Kansas right now. Such wonderful people to be a part of saving this herd!

I am learning that there is progress through KSU and that we do not need to inundate them just yet. If they can go in and examine the horse - understanding that the report is that he is now surrending the "worst of the worst" we can get this done the right way and faster.

In the meantime I am putting together a list of Kansas residents who are willing to list themselves as interested parties for a pleading to file in the local court to allow us to have an independent medical exam and temporary custody of the horses. That is the slow way but I will have it all ready to go if this new momentum does not continue. From my discussions I understand that we will have "boots on the ground" there soon to have our own monitors in place. We have a lead on an excellent independent equine vet who is also at KSU. We will need filing fees, bond fees and perhaps expert fees to support the civil litigation route. I believe we will spear head this through CMHR and their fundraising. Please contact me if you want to be named as an interested Kansas resident in this matter. I will contact the state rep of the humane society to update and enlist their coop. I would see filing this Friday or Monday.

I need to hear from the folks there in Uniontown or Pittsburgh so I don't stomp on any progress they are making. my email [email protected] - home/work phone 281-970-7191 and cell 832-526-0481

We do this not because it is easy........

URGENT UPDATE: AS PER VIRGINIA

WE ARE OUT OF TIME

Trembly is moving the horses.

We do not know where he is taking them unless someone follows him to see where they are going.

We have heard rumors of trucks and trailers out there but we do not know who it is: If it is Trembly or people who are protesting, or even possibly PETA is on the scene. We do not know.

We have also heard the horses will be remaining on the property under the "supervision" of the Sheriff, but we already know we cannot trust that statement is true either.

If anyone can get there please do so.

We fear there will be no surrender of the horses to us or any other group at this point.

I've been following this thread since the beginning and I am so glad that all of you are helping out with this it means alot. I wish those minis knew how much we love them and how we are trying everything to care for them and get them out of that "hole" and into a good home. I also wanted to add that I found a website of news for Uniontown and I seen a thread started for these minis I hope that all of you could add a few words and lets pray that this story will have a good ending http://www.topix.com/city/uniontown-ks (Not sure if this site has been mentioned or not)

I also wanted to ask a question. Does anyone watch the animal planet TV show Animal Cops etc.. I don't think they cover the Kansas area but if someone could find out a way to contact them and add it to the list of contacts I think that would be a great place to contact they have lots of funds for animal abuse cases and they may be able to help us. Maybe they can give us more info of associations. I've seen them take in horses and adopt them out so I know that they know what they are doing. Thanks again everyone you are the only ones that are showing much needed compassion for these horses.

~Jessica

Here are some area clubs and miniature horse farms. Some of these folks may already be members of the Forum, but I'm happy to contact any who aren't. Anybody know if I should NOT contact any of the following?

Kansas Miniature Horse Club

21772 Kansas Ave.

Tonganoxie KS 66086

ph: 916-369-3051

email: [email protected]

President: Marsha Mendenhall

Vice President: Sharon White-Lewis

Secretary: Laura Noble

Treasurer: Theresa Gergick

Newsletter: Mike & Wilma Shove

http://www.kansasmhc.com

about 2 hours from Uniontown

Heartland Miniature Horse Club (AMHA)

350 NW 110th Rd.

Harper KS 67058

ph: 316-896-7959

about 4 hours from Uniontown

Unbridled Dreams Miniature Horse Farm

24935 Wyoming Road

Wellsville, KS 66092-8573

Denise PCS - (913) 707-4806

Roger PCS - (913) 484-7374

home - (785) 883-4806

[email protected]

about 2 hours from Uniontown

Blue Sky Farm Miniature Horses

Hays, Kansas

Phone: (785) 625-6725

[email protected]

WE ARE OUT OF TIME

We do not know where he is taking them unless someone follows him to see where they are going.

WHERE IS LONNIE? WHERE IS MARY WITH HSUS??

If I was within even 3 hours of there I'd be jumping in my vehicle right now!!!!!!!!!!!! PLEASE - KANSAS PEOPLE REPORT IN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If someone has the facts to them being moved NOW aren't they able to follow to see where they are going?

te name='Marty' date='Oct 9 2007, 12:17 PM' post='895965']

WE ARE OUT OF TIME

We have heard rumors of trucks and trailers out there but we do not know who it is: If it is Trembly or people who are protesting, or even possibly PETA is on the scene. We do not know.

We have also heard the horses will be remaining on the property under the "supervision" of the Sheriff, but we already know we cannot trust that statement is true either.

If anyone can get there please do so.

If the Sheriff was doing his job and upholding the law, he should have arrested Trembly by now and surrendered the horses to CHMR. We fear there will be no surrender of the horses to us or any other group at this point.

I just talked to the Sheriff and he told me the worst of the worst horses were going to be surrendered. Ginny, Please find out if this is true. He also said that the Sheriffs Dept. has the appointment with KSU Vet School. Please find out if that is true.

We just discussed this also.

BELIEVE NOTHING COMING FROM THE SHERIFF'S DEPARTMENT

They have a different story for each caller. They are deliberately trying to confuse us.

WE ARE OUT OF TIME

WHERE IS LONNIE? WHERE IS MARY WITH HSUS??

If I was within even 3 hours of there I'd be jumping in my vehicle right now!!!!!!!!!!!! PLEASE - KANSAS PEOPLE REPORT IN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'm guessing Ronnie is the one that made the report of trailers, and is probably not able to report and keep an eye on things at the same time...at least that is what I' hoping is happeneing!!

I have copied and pasted Marty's last update to the Dreamhorse forum, as I have been keeping them updated, and this morning I recieved an e-mail from someone that they had seen the Fox 4 spot, maybe they will be able to help us out.

Teresa

When I talked to the Sheriff an hour ago he swore that NO horses were being moved from the farm. But, he has a hard time remembering his lies. He also said the worst of the worst would be surrendered. I asked him if they would be going to CMHR and he just gave a long pause. I told him that MR. Trembly said the pictures were doctored But the News cameras don't lie. I told him that MR Trembly had his back to one of the very thin horses and News cameras DON'T Lie. He said he had not seen the news story. I told him go to Fox4 in his area and he could see it.

Jessica 06 - I have contacted Animal Planet, Animal Cops, Detroit, San Francisco, Miami, Houston and Animal Precinct New York. Just go to their website and connect to each and email., along with everyone else emailing anywhere and everywhere I can.

I am SO ready to puke.

Connie Parr

CLP Miniatures

Michigan

This is making me ill.....

First KSU has NO idea what is going on, then they are going per the sheriff's department request. WHAT is happening here?! Lies, lies and more lies. Didnt he even say the vet was coming on TUESDAY in the news report?

He may move them to another pasture, but when that food is gone (and they still do not get watered daily) then they will be right back in the same situation.

Being surrendered? I dont believe that lie either- all we have been fed are lies. I am at work and cannot pick up the phone- someone please call the Mini clubs in KS and see if anyone can assist!!!

They have been doing nothing but buying time since this all started 3 weeks ago! If it smells like a rat, and looks like a rat.... it's a rat!

The sheriff is NOT doing his job by seizing what he needs to, or filing charges! Also, if he moves half the horses, what is going on with the horses that remain there? There is still NO FOOD and do you think that he will show up at two locations to feed and water? He cant even show up at one!!!

I dont find any contacts for Animal Cops, etc... anyone have any email addies for these places?

For the past two weeks I have begged and pleaded with the Sheriff over and over again to at least release the worst of the worst to us first for a start to show good faith. I told him we don't care, we have to start somewhere and would take any of them, the worst the better. He acted like that was a good idea at the time. Maybe he is considering it now, I don't know. But we will glady take any of the horses on a minute's notice you betcha even if we have to take the one laying down out on a stretcher. Just maybe he is going to come through and give us some body just to shut us up, I don't know. We are waiting for the call but will not hold our breaths.

My worst fears are coming to light, pray for them some more. I knew he would move them, I knew it.

Marty.....I've just got to ask. How do you know - why do you believe - he is moving the horses??? What has happened to make you and Virginia think this will happen?

Edited to add

If, in fact some of the horses are being surrendered that could explain why there are trailers there. They may be there waiting to load up. Has anyone contacted any of the other on board rescues to see if they know what's happening. It could very be that CMHR would be the last people Vern would let take them. If they're going somewhere else I guess all we can do is pray that they receive the care they need.

Maybe it's the "good guys" moving them??? Has anyone asked the sheriff who (if anyone) they are being surrendered to?

There were a lot of posts yesterday of people close and ready...please if you know them, call them, get them on the way..Please if you said you could and were close...have someone post to let us know you are on the way.
default_please.gif
: PRAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am searching the posts looking for contact info myself.

If there are trailers there, he is not going to call. To seize them and do that, wouldnt he have had to have filed charges and DONE something? If they are being surrendered to CMHR, I would think that in all these conversations, he would have mentioned that already today!

He says there are no dead ones out there? Oh, I know, the skull in the picture was just a Halloween joke, right? None were down? Funny, not what I saw in the pictures- but oh, they were doctored.

How convenient that he 'didnt see' the news broadcast. I'll bet. He isn't aware of what is going on in his little county?

Also, for those mentioning to contact stores there, hang signs, etc... this is a town of 278 people, including kids - how many stores and all do you think they have? I lived in a town of 850 people and we had ONE store, two gas stations and three bars. No feed stores, etc..

I see they have ONE cafe on 3rd St, and really nothing else..three churches in the area listed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back