75 - 125 Kansas Minis "OMG Please help by WRITING!!"

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just sent an email to Wayne Pacelle - President & CEO of the Humane Society of the United States......... I just heard Wayne Pacelle this morning discussing the inhumane transport & slaughter of American horses to Mexico for human consumption. He was being interviewed on our local radio station ( WHAS 84) in Louisville Kentucky by Francene................ Anyway here is a page for information on him & also leads you to the latest on horse slaughter for those of you following that topic.

http://www.hsus.org/about_us/board_and_sta...ne_pacelle.html

I feel like it is important to get EXPERTS out there..VETS..right now we can be checked off as a group of computer screamers..just like "HE" said..expert opinions..MORE than they have.

Also is there a way to get even NON animal lovers involved in regards of how ONE sherrif can block the whole rescue operations as in how bad this legal situation is?
default_wacko.png
:
default_wacko.png
:Also friend of mine send me this..
default_wink.png
:

senate list

Last edited by a moderator:
I realize victory cannot yet be declared, and the outcomes to date have not all been the desired result…… But being the never-ending optimist I predict victory is near. (I HOPE!!!!!)

I just want to say I am awed, impressed, & humbled by the response of everyone on this thread. I have sent emails, but otherwise have been just trying my best to keep-up with this thread and the actions initiated. (And BTW, Your call to action has been amazing!!! Failure is not an option.)

I have somehow missed the information of where we can donate funds. Would someone please let me know.

-Becky

This is the letter that I just sent to the 3 Bourbon County Commissioners and to the County Attorney:

"By now I'm sure you are aware of the allegations of animal abuse in your area. This letter will address that issue. I am one of the people who has been involved in it since it first came to our attention on September 17.

If you feel that our concerns are unfounded, or that the pictures that are being shown around the world are somehow altered to show the horses in worse condition than they actually are, please go look for yourself. Simple common sense will tell you whether or not the horses appear to be starving. While you're there please insure that they have water available and look for the feed and hay that they must have to survive.

Approximately 2 weeks ago Sheriff Coleman told our rescue organization officials that he had given Mr. Trembly 30 days to improve conditions and to complete the purchase of the additional 20 acres of land that he said he was buying. During the Fox4 newscast yesterday evening Mr. Trembly admitted that he isn't sure how he will pay for the care they need. How many of these horses will be dead before the end of that 30 day period? Of those that are left how many will survive the harsh Kansas winter unless their condition is vastly improved?

While I'm sure you are not happy with the national spotlight that is shining on Unionville I want to assure you that we are not merely a group of people with nothing better to do than cause trouble. We are, in fact, a group (which is growing larger each day) of concerned citizens who are appalled at the condition of these horses. We are also very concerned that Kansas officials (due to their failure to act or respond to repeated inquiries) appear to be condoning this obvious case of animal cruelty.

"K.S.A. 21-4310 -

a. Cruelty to animals is:

(2) abandoning or leaving any animal in any place without making provisions for its proper care;

(3) having physical custody of any animal and failing to provide such food, potable water, protection from the elements, opportunity for exercise and other care as is needed for the health or well-being of such kind of animal; or ...

c. As used in this section, "equine" means a horse, pony, mule, jenny, donkey or hinny.

d. Cruelty to animals is a class A nonperson misdemeanor."

I respectfully request that you investigate this situation and take immediate action to insure that this abuse and neglect is not allowed to continue. These horses cannot survive much longer.

Concerned citizens around the world are watching, waiting and praying that action will be taken to insure that these horses are given a chance to survive.

Respectfully,"

Now to find the veterinary licensing authority in Kansas and drop them a line.

I think the vet that attends should be an equine vet, not one in charge of spaying and neutering pets. It will carry more impact that way and the vet will KNOW what to do and how things are.

We have local counsel to help. Private legal action should be the last effort. We are seeing some progress through Reijel's Mom's contacts and the list of local vets who would be possible indepdendent experts. The ladies who are going to the DA will have news to report when that contact is done. We can make reasoned decisions on the next step to take if the wheels of the sheriff's office are still stuck in the mud. Good work and good progress!

I hope it is OK if I point this out, I have just seen a lot of people making this very small error. It is UnionTOWN, not Unionville...... an easy mistake to make, but I would not want to confuse an official with the wrong name.
default_smile.png

Hi Marty! :saludando: Great to see you too! I should know that any problem you sink your teeth into will soon get solved! The Pitbull for the Miniature Horse!

Here is a still capture from the Fox news video, and thanks to LindaB for this:

vern.jpg

I have uploaded this to my website and will leave it there for anyone to use that needs it. It shows Vern with his back to a very emaciated horse...... sort of symbolic, don't you think?

I can't wait to hear if a vet actually showed up today.

It is too bad that someone from the rescue can not be there when the vet is going out there since MR. T doesn't tell the truth. Also Boss Hog and Cleatus (yeh, they are so much like the DUKES OF HAZERD it isn't funny) sure has enough trouble telling the truth. The only way anyone is going to know what is going on is to have someone there. He said it was Tuesday that the vet was coming out. That would be today. I think the "OLD MAN" was trying for sympathy when he said if it was expensive he didn't know what he would do. You know, "Poor Ol' me I am old and don't have any money" GET RID OF THE HORSES MR. TREMBLY!!!!! It is as simple as that. Surrender the horses. Don't let another horse suffer another min. Since you do not live there MR. Trembly sell your land and you will have some money. Get a brain.

I am sorry for anyone else that has had to read my anger towards Mr. T but I know by now someone is telling him what is being said. Here in Nevada it would be cut and dried. He would have NO CHOICE. The law would take the animals and he would not be able to own another animal for how ever long they decided.

Just got off the phone with the Deputy and he said the vet appointment is for Thursday not Tuesday. PLEASE GOD DON'T LET ANY HORSE DIE OR BE MOVED BEFORE THE APPOINTMENT IF HE REALLY HAS ONE!!!!!!!!

Just got off the phone with the Deputy and he said the vet appointment is for Thursday not Tuesday. PLEASE GOD DON'T LET ANY HORSE DIE OR BE MOVED BEFORE THE APPOINTMENT IF HE REALLY HAS ONE!!!!!!!!
Sounds like they are trying to buy time. :no:

UPDATE TO SHOW THE LIES WE ARE BEING TOLD.

This a copy of an email sent to me after I talked to Rachel. I have her permission to post this. Thought you all might be interested in the double talk we have to put up with. Mr T is moving his horses!

Hi Ginny,

I just wanted to recap the conversation I had with the local authorities (how frustrating talking to them, circle after circle!) and then relayed to you.

Today, 10/9/07 I first contacted the Governors office. I spoke to them in great depth about the Trembly farm.

The statements made by their office, were that any action taken, must be thru the local authorities (Sheriff) and that the Governors office would not be involved and had no jurisdiction at this point in time. The Governors office said that they had only in the last 2 days been made aware of the problem and the Sheriff needed time to correct the situation.

I then contacted (via phone) the Sheriffs Dept. and spoke directly to the Sheriff.

His statements were inconsistent. First he stated that they had only known about this situation a couple weeks, that the reports were greatly exaggerated, that the horses were not starving or in a debilated condition, that the problem on the farm was due to parasite problem(he stated a worm problem) and to old age of the horses (he stated that most were foaled in the 60”s). He also stated that any of the young to middle age stock were in fine health and condition.

We continued our conversation for at least 30 minutes (as phone records will attest, should you need them). During this time he stated that Mr. Trembly was in the process of moving the horses to another pasture, (to which I asked if it were not a problem with starvation, why move them, he had no answer to that). That as of this morning (10/9/07) there were a total of 94 horses owned by Mr. Trembly and did not know the number of goats. That Mr. Trembly has shown receipts of feed purchased for the animals (to which I brought up the question, has anyone seen him feeding the horses, or was the feed then being sold off, using the receipts of purchased feed to placate the authorities), and that his office was monitoring the situation and was waiting for Kansas State U. to visit the farm TODAY to provide him with a report on the condition of the horses. Dr. Teagarden was specifically named by the Sheriff as the Vet that would be visiting the farm and writing up the report. The Sheriff then stated that as per recommendations of Kansas State U, further action would or would not be taken. He further stated that at no time were there any dead horses on the property, nor were there any horses that were incapable of mobility, that there has not been a down horse on the property. He also stated that the goats were all in good shape and that the age and parasite factor were not a problem with them. Additionally, he stated that I must understand that Mr. Trembly is a senior citizen and must be given some leeway to correct the situation, as he is doing his best. The sheriff stated that about ½ of the horses on the property were affected by parasites and age, to which I asked him, if he went on a domestic and found only ½ of the children in a household ill and starving, would he turn his back on the situation. He thought the analogy absurd and stated that they were livestock, not children. He also stated that he raises cows and understands that a conditions cannot go from health to life threatening in just a few short weeks, unless terribly neglected, but that the situation was basically in the hands of the vet from Kansas State U.

I next contacted Kansas State U and spoke to Dr. Teagarden. He genuinely seemed upset over the report that the Sheriff’s Department was rerouting the blame to him. He stated that neither he (nor anyone in his office) has been asked to visit the farm, write a report , or get involved. He stated that it was out of their jurisdiction and would have to be handled thru the local authorities (Sheriff Department and Humane Society). He additionally told me that he had not spoken to the Sheriff in any way regarding this situation.

After speaking with him I called the Humane Society (a number given to me by Dr. Teagarden), and was told the party I needed to speak to would be in meetings all day, to call back tomorrow. I stated I would be willing to be placed on hold for as long as it took, and was told that the lines would be tied up and that was not a possibility.

My next call was to Ginny, to volunteer any services, and to report what I was told by the above parties.

Let me know if I can help. God knows those poor horses need every prayer and available hand right now.

Rachel Spry

Internal Virus Database is out-of-date.

Checked by AVG Free Edition.

Version: 7.5.472 / Virus

Sometime this morning, Ronni, Mary (HSUS) and Jordan Aubey from KOAMTV will be meeting with DA to see if she will accept a complaint against Mr Trembly. If she does, it will be good news for us.

Love to All, Ginny

[/quote

Ginny -

Any updates on this piece? I think this is our biggie here. . .we need charges pressed ASPAP. . . I'm so glad that Mary with HSUS is on board. . .whatever your feeling about the HSUS, this Mary is with the HSUS out of Kansas and I would guess she's got a lot more power than any of us do.

[ quote]Additionally, he stated that I must understand that Mr. Trembly is a senior citizen and must be given some leeway to correct the situation, as he is doing his best. The sheriff stated that about ½ of the horses on the property were affected by parasites and age, to which I asked him, if he went on a domestic and found only ½ of the children in a household ill and starving, would he turn his back on the situation. He thought the analogy absurd and stated that they were livestock, not children. He also stated that he raises cows and understands that a conditions cannot go from health to life threatening in just a few short weeks, unless terribly neglected, but that the situation was basically in the hands of the vet from Kansas State U.

So the sherrif thinks that senior citizens are above the law?? I think he is saying that Trembly is above the laws and he doesn't hold EVERYONE to the same standards!! :no: He is NOT doing his job if this is how he sees it! :eek: :eek: People of Kansas should be totally upset with paying out taxes to have laws upheld and then the law enforcement doesn't think the laws should apply to EVERYONE. With his mentality that animals don't have rights same as other defensless living creatures we can see why so much abuse goes on. He sounds like a defender of abuse.

I am soooooo impressed with all the concern for these little horses...really shows there is some big hearts out there.....wish there were some at Uniontown! Mary

We have local counsel to help. Private legal action should be the last effort. We are seeing some progress through Reijel's Mom's contacts and the list of local vets who would be possible indepdendent experts. The ladies who are going to the DA will have news to report when that contact is done. We can make reasoned decisions on the next step to take if the wheels of the sheriff's office are still stuck in the mud. Good work and good progress!
I just spoke with Cathy at the County Attorney's office (Terri Johnson) and she said the following:

The County Attorney's office is referring everyone to the Sheriff's office and will not be returning calls to anyone. She will wait for a report to be filed before taking any action."

I asked when they expected a report from the Sheriff and she basically told me whenever he decides to file it. :new_shocked:

I was very polite to the Sheriff and expressed my concern for help. I'm sure I was fed a load of horse-poop.
default_unsure.png
: I bit my tongue and asked him if I could call back for updates. He said "Sure."

Ugh! Vicki--if the County Atty. Johnson won't file charges, what's the next step?? Thanks.

Any more news stories that have aired? Please keep us out-of-towners posted. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back