#6 &#7 FABULOUS Fillies!!!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hairicane

Reaction score
Well we had a busy night with 2 much wanted fillies arriving within a few hours on May 7th.

First Showcase Tender Blues Odessy a daughter of Res. Nat. Champion Solid Gold Tender Persuasion foaled a lookalike blue eyed bay filly with exact same markings as mom. Proud dad is our grand old man Brewers Orion Slate, a Son of Orion. Slate is showing his age and most of his mares from last year are open. So ANY Slate foal is cause for celebration
default_cheers.gif
: And who wouldnt be happy with this little girl.
default_wub.png
:
default_wub.png
: Odessy retained the placenta even with repeated oxytocin shots and finally passed it just before the vet got here :eek: . But she needed flushing so we got to have the vet out several days in a row but Odessy and baby are fine so :aktion033: :aktion033: :aktion033:

odessyslatefillycloseleftGOODHEAD1d.jpg

You can see Odessys face markings and blue eyes. Here she is expressing her opinion on the vets visit to flush her out. By the 2nd day she saw the vet truck coming and tried to get the heck out of dodge :xreiter: when that didnt work she decided it would be a good idea to kick at the vet, bad girl! :xkngt:

odessyfaceregtonngueoutbabynurse5707.jpg

odessyslatefillywalkGOOD1dy.jpg

Odessyslatefillystandnicenew5707.jpg

A few hours after Odessy foaled so did Miniature Marvels Skittles. She was bred to Hairicane Cisco Kid for a repeat breeding after last years fabulous black/white overo filly. Well they did it again and I could not be happier with the results. We got another incredible black/bay? overo FILLY with blue eyes!!!! :risa8: :risa8: :risa8: :488: :488:

skittlesciscofillystdrtsidetailswiish1day.jpg

skittlesciscobothRUNSTRETCHED1d507.jpg

skittlesciscofillymomtrotfrtyyardgood1d.jpg

skittlesciscofillymomfromrearleftside1d.jpg

Skittlesodessyfillysfrtyardoknew.jpg

And to refresh your memory here is our 2006 full sister.

skittlescicsofillyrunfrtfeetuphayGOOD1wk.jpg

This 06 filly tested Positive for the Frame overo gene and also Homozygous for black and she also carries Splash. In fact both fillies are repeat breedings as we have a 2 year old Odessy/Slate filly, Odie, who is black with 1 blue eye. So we are doubly, doubly blessed :aktion033:

Congratulations, they're both beautiful but I especially love the color pattern on the second one, I can't help it, I do love the color!
default_rolleyes.gif
:

Good Morning,

CONGRATS!! :aktion033: CONGRATS!! :aktion033:

You are right, you have been doubly Blest!!

Jeannie at Bethel Minis, Tack, and Gift Shop in Ky.

Wow you have two incredible foals :new_shocked: Congratulations :aktion033: Joyce

Congratulations times two! :aktion033: :aktion033: Great color in the 2nd but I really like that bay!

:aktion033: [SIZE=14pt]WOW! I love the overo filly!!!!!!!!!!
default_wub.png
: :new_shocked:
[/SIZE]

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, those are my kind of babies, congratulations!!!!!

They are both simply gorgeous! Congratulations :aktion033:

VERY nice babies! Congrats! I love the photo of mom sticking her tongue out at you!

Whenever I see you post that you had more foals, I get excited that I'm going to see more SPOTS
default_wub.png
: !

Congratulations on your beautiful fillies! :aktion033:

Whenever I see you post that you had more foals, I get excited that I'm going to see more SPOTS
default_wub.png
: !

Thanks !!!! I really wish we got spots of some kind every time but especially with the overos we will never get 100% color. Sure would be nice though!!!!!!

Thanks for nice comments everyone. I sure am enjoying looking out in our pastures now between our appy foals and the overo and overo bred ones.

Latest posts

Back