Easter Filly at On Target Miniatures / color help please

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

targetsmom

Reaction score
ANOTHER dystocia, but this one had a very happy ending, with assistance from our wonderful vet: long legged PINTO FILLY.

Sire: SRF Buckshot, dam: Jones Call Me Blue Admiration (so, yes, full sister to Max)

P1040657.jpg

P1040660.jpg

P1040662.jpg

Barn name Bunny, no registered name yet, but must start with OTM and preferably be "target" or "buckshot" related.

Also need color and pattern help; She is NOT chestnut, as Mira is a silver bay, gray frame overo, and HZ for black. So Bunny is likely silver bay or even silver dapple. But what pinto patterns??? Will she turn gray???

Size: 7.5" cannon bone and 22" high (her upper legs seem very long!!) so will be bigger than 31" Mira or 30" Buckshot.

Short video:

to help you see her very minimal white!!
We are THRILLED with her no matter what color she is or stays!

Congrats Mary! She is beautiful. I was s o excited when I saw your post.

Hmmm, names...

OTM Shoot for the Stars

Keep us updated on that cutie
default_smile.png

What a pretty girl! Congratulations
default_wub.png

To my eyes, she looks either silver bay (1st guess) or palomino (2nd guess)
default_yes.gif

I'm no help with names or patterns, but just wanted to say she is simply lovely.

That's a pretty little silver bay you have there! CONGRATS!! She could grey, but you'll know more regarding that later, like her brother. I am very happy for you!

I think she is a very pretty silver bay that will go gray! Congrats!

I'm guessing silver bay tobiano/splash and maybe frame. She could turn grey as well. At least you can now test for that.
default_smile.png

Very pretty filly!

Congratulations! I say tobiano splash silver bay that very well may gray out. Cute as a button! OTM's Buckshot Bunny ?

Mary, very cute. does she have white eyelashes or any white hairs around her eyes? I found out that any born with this , turned gray.

Remember my Max, he had fray gene and his foals that turned gray , had this ..JANE

Her eyelashes look silver to me, but maybe they are really white?? I don't really care, especially when she is such a minimal pinto anyway. I can register her with PtHA, as I did Mira, and then it won't matter if/when she turns gray. She won't win any color classes anyway!

CONGRATS!!!!! She looks silver bay to me. Not sure if she'll grey out. She looks to be Tobiano and with that snip, Splash.

She's a doll!

She very pretty any color. You can always pull mane and have her tested if you really want to know

Silver Bay base, no doubt at all. Splash White pattern, if you have reason to believe she has Tobiano, OK, I have no problem with that but it is not obvious. I think she will go Grey, merely form the depth of colour she has now, at birth, but, as you say, it really does not matter, she is alive, she is a sweetie, who cares??

"Bullseye for Buck"

Congrats on your BEautiful baby
default_smile.png
) Love her pretty little tiny face
default_smile.png
)

Since dam is HZ for black.... I would say Silver bay or Silver dapple.... maybe grey I agree!

Enjoy.. She's a doll!

Latest posts

Back