4 minis in need of a new home..

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
R

RENMACMINIS

Hello, This is my first time posting here. We have a weekly publication here in WV called The Bulletin Board. I have been looking for a few more minis to add to my own herd and I came across this add placed. "Mini Horses, Zebu cow, approx. 5 years old, regt. shetland sheep, pygmy goat, 2 mos old, female, $100" it included the phone number and I called it. It is an elderly lady and her daughter, now I am not trying to be mean here when they say that they arent all there. I asked them about the minis they have 4 2 mares, 1 of which is in foal for a june or july foal. 1 is non breedable as she was pregnant years ago and she has a small pelvis and when she foaled she lost the foal and has never been able to get pregnant again b/c of that. They have a yearling colt and a older stallion. From the way they talked the mares and the stallion are older. She tried to describe them to me over the phone and from what I gathered they are dwarfes or have alot of dwarf characteristics. I am going to go today to see them as soon as it stops raining here. she wouldnt price them to me over the phone she wants someone to come look at them and she will price them when that person is there to look at them. She told me these horses came from Tom Starkey at Quiet Dell Farm and that she doesnt remember what she paid for the others but the pregnant mare she paid 1200.00 for and kind of acted like thats what she wanted to get out of her. She also went on to tell me that She bought 2 dwarfes from this same person and several other horses that all ended up dying within months of her purchasing them. I have room for the mares but I can not handle anymore stallions or colts. If I go there today she said she would make a package deal for all 4 of them. If this package deal is in my price range would anyone be willing to take on the colt and stallion? When I go today I am taking my camera and taking pictures of the horses. They also asked me on the phone if I use a farrier and who I used b/c they know the horses feet need trimmed that it had been years since they were last done?????? :new_shocked: I kept my cool thruout the phone call but inside I was fuming. Also from the sounds of it they breed several types of dogs the ones she listed was..Dauchsand (sp?), golden retreiver, australian shephards, and shelties. I am also going to go look at shelties. If anyone thinks they can help me with this situation on how to handle it, either by what I should offer her for thiese horses or if when I come back and post the pictures if I should call the humane society on monday *(they arent open on the weekends here) I dont know if I will get any papers with these horses or not. I just want to get these horses out of this situation. They way they talked they are pastured with the cow and the sheep and the goat. It is 9:23 am here the rain is supposed to stop by noon so I will be leaving around then to go look at them. I hope I can get them out of there.

Sherry

Sherry,

If they are in really bad shape, don't wait until Monday, call the local sheriff's department, they can contact an emergency number for someone who can help.

I know that in a lot of counties, the humane society is closed on the weekend but a call from the authorities is always responded to.

If I was closer, I would help but you are too far away.

Thanks for checking on them.

Mary

Quick update.. it is now noon here.. the people are not answering their phone. I told them I would call them before i started that way to make sure they were home...

Mary, yes I could call the "local police dept." but it wont do any good.. they wont do anything. If you want something done you have to get ahold of the humane society directly. Otherwise you are wasting your time.

A neighbor has 4 dogs lab x ?? mixes.. he turns them loose on regular occasions so they can go forage for food so he doesnt have to feed them. They chase my horses, and have killed 2 other nieghbors dogs. One of which was a very large lab x great dane mix. The law wont do anything about these dogs b/c they have not "caught them being loose" The humane society will also do nothing b/c of the same reason. The only recourse I have is I have the legal right to shoot those dogs if caught harrassing my horses.. only thing is we cant get a clean shot b/c when they are chasing the horses they get in the way and I refuse to let anyone take a unclear or unclean shot. So the only thing I can do is go into the field try not to get trampled and chase the dogs off. Our humane society, dog pound and most law enforcement in this area is a joke. We also have a person who lives on the opposite end of the road I live on who is growing and selling drugs.. We have called the law both city, and state, and the drug enforcement officers and given them names, license plates, you name it.. and they do NOTHING!! the road I live on is like a dang interstate at night on the weekends of people going up there and getting drugs. They dont care about anything other than their drugs they destroy property, take out fences, and throw all kinds of litter mostly beer bottles and cans in our fields and yards. Everyone that lives on this road has called and reported them and still they do NOTHING. We have people knocking on our door at all hours of the night. one night we had someone naked as the day they were born standing in our driveway. So we know have a very large lab outside that keeps people away and I have one of shelties in the house with me at all times b/c she is such a good guard dog and lets me know if anyone or anything comes in our yard or driveway. anyhow i know that was way off topic and i apologize but i wanted you to see why i say they will do nothing.

Sherry

Update again::: Finally the people called me back. I cant meet them till 5:00pm. That is when the older woman's daughter will be there to take people to see the animals. I am borrowing my mom's digatal camera because it takes better pictures in not so sunny or daylight conditions. I asked the lady again how old they were.. her response I have no idea..
default_wacko.png
: . With us having to wait till that late to go see them. We are not taking the trailer with us tonight. If we get them we will get them out of there first thing in the morning. My husband refuses to take the trailer with us anymore when we go look at a horse b/c he never knows what kind of place I am taking him to and how and where we can turn around with a trailer behind us.
default_unsure.png
: So I will update and include pictures when I get back this evening.

Sherry

Hello, This is my first time posting here. We have a weekly publication here in WV called The Bulletin Board. I have been looking for a few more minis to add to my own herd and I came across this add placed. "Mini Horses, Zebu cow, approx. 5 years old, regt. shetland sheep, pygmy goat, 2 mos old, female, $100" it included the phone number and I called it. It is an elderly lady and her daughter, now I am not trying to be mean here when they say that they arent all there. I asked them about the minis they have 4 2 mares, 1 of which is in foal for a june or july foal. 1 is non breedable as she was pregnant years ago and she has a small pelvis and when she foaled she lost the foal and has never been able to get pregnant again b/c of that. They have a yearling colt and a older stallion. From the way they talked the mares and the stallion are older. She tried to describe them to me over the phone and from what I gathered they are dwarfes or have alot of dwarf characteristics. I am going to go today to see them as soon as it stops raining here. she wouldnt price them to me over the phone she wants someone to come look at them and she will price them when that person is there to look at them. She told me these horses came from Tom Starkey at Quiet Dell Farm and that she doesnt remember what she paid for the others but the pregnant mare she paid 1200.00 for and kind of acted like thats what she wanted to get out of her. She also went on to tell me that She bought 2 dwarfes from this same person and several other horses that all ended up dying within months of her purchasing them. I have room for the mares but I can not handle anymore stallions or colts. If I go there today she said she would make a package deal for all 4 of them. If this package deal is in my price range would anyone be willing to take on the colt and stallion? When I go today I am taking my camera and taking pictures of the horses. They also asked me on the phone if I use a farrier and who I used b/c they know the horses feet need trimmed that it had been years since they were last done?????? :new_shocked: I kept my cool thruout the phone call but inside I was fuming. Also from the sounds of it they breed several types of dogs the ones she listed was..Dauchsand (sp?), golden retreiver, australian shephards, and shelties. I am also going to go look at shelties. If anyone thinks they can help me with this situation on how to handle it, either by what I should offer her for thiese horses or if when I come back and post the pictures if I should call the humane society on monday *(they arent open on the weekends here) I dont know if I will get any papers with these horses or not. I just want to get these horses out of this situation. They way they talked they are pastured with the cow and the sheep and the goat. It is 9:23 am here the rain is supposed to stop by noon so I will be leaving around then to go look at them. I hope I can get them out of there.

Sherry

Please let us know what you found out about these horses and show pics if you get any.

Hi

Please let me know the outcome as CMHR should be able to help out. Where in WV are they?

Ginny StP

Ok.. I just got in a little bit ago.. We went to see the minis and they would not let me take any pics. the place was a dump. There was someone else there before us and they bought all 4 of them. their hoves needed done badly and the one unbreedable mare had sevarl IMO dwarfy features. They did go to a good home with 4 kids. the colt and stallion are going to get gelded and I gave them the number of my vet. I also told them about this site.. I was hoping to get my hands on them but things turned out for the good anyway. I am on mare stare also I have been in the barn with the mare and just ran in to use the bathroom and get something to drink.

Sherry

Well thank you for trying to make the best of a bad situation for those horses! AT least they are OUT of there, thank God, by the sounds of things! :aktion033:

bless your heart for trying to help!! im glad they got a good home. :aktion033:

Thank you for your efforts in trying to help these guys. Sounds like everything worked

out and they've gone to a good home.. :aktion033:

Latest posts

Back