3rd Spirit foal (or 5th depending on how you're counting

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
S

StarRidgeAcres

Classy FINALLY foaled this morning. She was 364 days gestation! Yes, you read that correctly. I had started to think that maybe she was bred, ultrasounded in foal, slipped the foal and secretly rebred, but after seeing the baby and how "cooked" he is I'm thinking my dates were correct.

He is probably going to be smaller than Goldie's foal by an inch or two. My guess is he'll mature right at 30" but time will tell. He is pictured here are 10 hours of age. No name yet.

spiritfoalclassy2010web.jpg

So far I'm really loving the heads! It's one thing to see what a stallion has produced in the past, but then to see it with your own mares is very exciting.

So, if you're keeping score, my "filly-producer" has had 4 colts and 1 filly so far this year. 3 more to go. Mary, I'd say your chances are getting better every day!
laugh.gif

And Goldie's little guy born on Monday is really going to give her fits. He was out today and he nevers stops running! Poor old girl must be exhausted. I put them back in a stall just to give her a break. Oh, and he snores so loudly that I could hear it coming across the camera!
new_shocked.gif

Holy crud.... Your on a roll now. Congratulations..... He's just spectacular.

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats - he is gorgeous!!!! If Toffee has a colt that looks like that and alive and healthy, I will be very happy.

As someone that has three mares overdue today, I did not want to read your almost a year to foal posting!!!!!!

What are these mares doing????

Wow he's gorgeous. You just keep havin'em.... Congrat's again!!!

OH my gosh Parmela! How fantastic it's been for you! I'm loving these foals you're having - buckskin after buckskin and they are all fabulous! Way to go Spirit! Congratulations on some healthy beautiful babies!
aktion033.gif

We've also got many overdue - - driving us crazy too - hope we're not looking at 364 days though! good grief! LOL We've got 6 on the ground so far - 10 more to go here and 2 at LKF.

Vet was out again this morning (I swear I'm putting all their kids through college!) to check some edema on Classy's belly. No problem, she'll be fine. But we talked about Classy's colt and if she thought he was 364 or 334 (or so) days - still wondering if I was off a month. I was thinking that maybe Classy got in foal, I had her ultrasounded so I know she was confirmed, but then maybe she slipped it and then a secret breeding happened that I didn't know about. But the vet thinks he is in the 364 range due to the advanced muscling he has over his shoulders, back and hip. Also, at only 24 hours old he's already unfolded, totally up on his hooves and has figured out trotting and not just doing that baby canter they all do.

So, who knows, but it sure seems that my dates are right and these mares are just holding on for dear life!
rolleyes.gif
Gosh, I hope the last 3 don't go a year each! And I sure could use some FILLIES!!!

Latest posts

Back