2nd foal of 09 for Sawmill River!!!!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KTS@Sawmill River

Reaction score
Well, by starting off the foaling season with a colt, I figured the trend from the last few years would carry over.... colt, colt, colt, colt, and more colts and then a filly or 2 towards the end of the season..... lol..... But, Shady broke the mold for us and we have our first filly of 09!!!

She was born Thursday evening, around 7:30... A nice early birth...
default_wub.png
Her sire is AMHR National Champion/AMHA Reserve World Champion, SRF Nobility, and her dam is 2X AMHA World Grand Champion, NFC Dandys Shady Lady. Ms. Shady is the ripe old age of 19, but is still going strong. She looks and acts like a much younger horse(as you can see by the pics below). I think its a pretty safe bet to say that the filly is a bay..... and she has the prettiest eyes.... This little girl is Shady's 10th foal for us, 5 colts and 5 fillies...

Spring09249acopy.jpg

Spring09067.jpg

Spring09056.jpg

The color on this one is a little wierd.... I hit something on my camera and it gave me a few unusual pictures.... Guess I should read the manual..... But, I really like how it turned out....

213b.jpg

Spring09083a.jpg

We are trying to find a special name for our filly.... any suggestions? Maybe something along the lines of Royalty? Shady Lady is the matriarch of our herd, and holds a very special place in my fathers heart..... Most of the horses on our farm are related to Shady in one way or another.

Foaling season is finally under way! Our BOB daughter, Comotion is ready to drop at any time, so hopefully she will have another filly to keep our new little girl company.

Thanks for letting me share!!!!
default_smile.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Gorgeous filly, congratulations! The first picture is really striking.

Jan

Wow,, shes a looker ! How about "put your shades on" Shades for short.

very nice filly.

Linda Killion

OMG what a filly! i LOVE her !! i love the color and love the neck!
default_wub.png

for a name how about 'The Duchess of Sawmill River"? you can send her here!! OMG OMG!! Lol

Ohhh love those Nobility kids! What a pretty girl! Hope she is that bright shiny bay like her dad!!!!

default_wub.png
AWWWWW-She's a cutie pie! Would you look at those legs and -WOW- what a nice head and neck too!
default_yes.gif

CONGRATULATIONS
default_saludando.gif

Congrats!!!!!!! She is just precious!

Viki

Congratulations Kristina!
default_wub.png
What a cutie! She's sure to be stunning, just like her parents.

[SIZE=10pt]I LOVE her Kristina! A dark horse with blue eyes - my favorite! With a pedigree like hers, she is bound for greatness! [/SIZE]

Congrats on the arrival of the filly fairy to SRF!

Congratulations, Shady Lady did good! What better way to end a colt streak than with a gorgeous filly like her. It would be worth a whole year of colts to get a filly like her, not saying i hope that happens though!

Aubrey

CONGRATULATIONS on the arrival of a gorgeous filly.

But come on -- Shady Lady CANNOT be 19!!!! (Now i feel really, really old!!).

Glad to see she is still full of herself - love the pic of her sticking her tongue out at you!

That filly deserves a great name!

She is very pretty! I love the effects of that one picture...kinda neat!
default_wub.png

Congratulations on your new baby! The third pic is a very good one of the foal. The last pic is really cute with them side by side AND with the tongue
default_laugh.png

Latest posts

Back