2020 projects

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm trying to make bibs. It's harder than I thought! I had to use fabric I had on hand to experiment, as I haven't been to a fabric store in months. I want to try making some using laminated cotton, so they can just be wiped down.
And I made a button collector picture. I wanted to try my hand at making the frame out of an old thrift store frame. Well, it was sort of like cutting bangs--I kept slicing off slivers of the frame molding and not getting any corners to miter and the molding was getting shorter and shorter! Finally had to get my husband to help, and give me another lesson. I'm going to keep trying mitering, though--framing is so darned expensive. There are lots of nice frames for $1 in the thrift store.
bib1.jpgbib2.jpg

Attachments

• button jar picture.jpg
    button jar picture.jpg
    364.4 KB · Views: 5
Finished a couple table runners recently.
Have a couple more projects in various states of completion that will get posted eventually.

Attachments

• 2020 - scrappy fall table runner - small complete.jpg
    2020 - scrappy fall table runner - small complete.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 9
  • 2020 - samples table runner - complete.jpg
    2020 - samples table runner - complete.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 9
This is done with paper mache clay. Wadded up newspaper held together with masking tape make the head and body, cereal box cardboard for the base, arms and treat, and the ears are just copy paper. Painted with acrylics, then sprayed with clear matte finish, and clear fingernail polish on the eyes.hamsterS.jpg
He's a hamster, but I understand you thinking mouse. :)

@Dragon Hill that's a very cute hamster. He reminds me of the one I had when about 10 years old.

And has anyone started thinking Christmas gifts? Only about 2 months to go, but I've not really thought out that far. But, guess we all need to start thinking on that if we are making any gifts this year.

Also, I've some Christmas fabric that makes me want to make some seasonal fabric masks since we still have them here. I figure if we can't get where we don't need them, might as well make them fun or a fashion accessory.

The hamster is too cute! And you did a wonderful job of finishing. So hard to get that medium nice and smooth. I have been playing with corn cobs. We had a shock of corn out for decoration but the raccoon tore all the ears off. They left the cobs. I dipped them in wax then shook cinammon on them. I think they make attractive autumn pieces.
The only Christmas gifts I'm making are more bibs and a crocheted blanket. I do like Brownie-in-a-Jar, and I have some mixes that can jar up well also. waxed cobs.jpg

I finished up a few more quilted items. A flannel lap quilt, a cheery table runner, a couple scrappy fall table runners (one is huge at 20x80") and a fall table topper. [Available.]

Attachments

• 2020 - FQ flannel quilt - smallish.jpg
    2020 - FQ flannel quilt - smallish.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 1
  • 2020 - samples table runner - complete.jpg
    2020 - samples table runner - complete.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 1
  • 2020 - scrappy fall table topper - Moda Love pattern.jpg
    2020 - scrappy fall table topper - Moda Love pattern.jpg
    128.1 KB · Views: 1
  • 2020 - scrappy fall table runner - large complete.jpg
    2020 - scrappy fall table runner - large complete.jpg
    118.7 KB · Views: 1
  • 2020 - scrappy fall table runner - small complete.jpg
    2020 - scrappy fall table runner - small complete.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 1
I'm a button collector so I enjoy sharing my buttons. I made this greeting card recently. I painted the buttons on around the sides on water color paper. I'm not much of a painter, but I think they look like buttons. The card is a prize on my Oklahoma Button Society facebook group for whoever guesses how many little buttons are used. There are 47 buttons.

Attachments

• button card.jpg
    button card.jpg
    337.4 KB · Views: 5

Latest posts

Back