2010 Emerald Valley Classic Miniature Horse Show

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Horse-A-Holic

Reaction score
default_smile.png
Did any one else get to watch the 2010 Emerald Valley Classic Miniature Horse Show the other week end?

I think it's great to be able to watch shows live on the internet!

I really liked watching all the in hand and driving obstacle classes, as well as the jumping....

I for one loved watching the show on live feed. I felt like I learned alot about what goes into setting up for halter and then really enjoyed watching the driving classes. I saw people there I knew and was able to watch them from my home, nice and warm. I also enjoyed getting up early and watching the Liberty class. I hope they have live feed for many more shows so those who don't get to the shows can watch and learn.

I was at the Emerald Valley show.

And I really wasnt excited about being on the live feed.

BUT.

To be fair I have watched shows from home and have really enjoyed them. We have family/friends that couldnt be at the show and this was a great way for them to "attend."

I hope that more of the shows adopt this type of coverage.

There were some really good sized classes. A couple of the driving had to be split and it was an average of 15 or more (more most of the time) in obstacle and hunter.

This was our first time attending the Emerald Classis Show! We had a great time although I guess there were a few folks that would have preferred we stayed home.

With all the talk of how good the driving horses and competition are in the NW we thought we might be heading into the lions den being from the SW, but took "Catch" and his uncle "Lightning" and they both did very well in the driving and versatility classes bringing home some firsts!

I loved they televised this show and wish more shows could do it. I was able to forward the link to my parents and big sis in Missouri so they could watch.

We took a few days to go sight seeing up in the great NW and the country is beautiful up there. Only downside was it rained most the time.

It was wonderful seeing some old friends and meeting new ones and we’re looking forward to attending this show again.

Dawn

I'm annoyed because I was off that weekend and would have really loved to watch it but wasn't aware it was being broadcast. Dang it! I'm with Elk Ridge- I'm not sure I enjoy the idea of being broadcast world-wide (expecially if my horse is being a dork) but it seems only fair as I enjoy watching other people's shows online. Hopefully no one makes too many snarky comments about me and my fat little horses!
default_new_shocked.gif

Leia

Last edited by a moderator:
Dawn...please come and visit at the Emerald show again! And you need to know that this spring has been the record breaker for rain! We are on the dry (said as it is POURING) side of the state and we are breaking daily, weekly, monthly records for rainfall.

(Be aware everyone that the first cutting of hay this side of the mountains got wet...so hay prices and demand will be up)

There are some great places to sight see. And it doesnt ALWAYS rain.....

Leia....ignore snarky comments, and the decision to broadcast was made very last minute. Hopefully it will we better advertised in the future.

Latest posts

Back