2009 AMHR & AMHA National/World Shows

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MountainMeadows

Reaction score
Hi All,

Does anyone have the specific dates on these shows yet - didn't see it on either website and am trying to get my vacation days lined up.

Thank you

Stacy

AMHR Nationals is Sept 9 thru the 19th. I don't know about the AMHA dates.

The Ohio World Championship Show is July 21 thru 24th for AMHR miniatures and shetlands

Last edited by a moderator:
From the Show Schedules link at the AMHA site...
default_wink.png

September 26- October 3, 2009

AMHA World Championship Show

Last edited by a moderator:
Is there really only one week between the end of Nationals and the start of World?

Yowzers, only a week between the shows -- makes it really tough for those of us who are traveling 3 days each way - barely home and then turn right back around, or take them all to both shows and wonder if the stress will affect them --- duh, of course it will affect them! Guess I will have to decided between them . . . drats!

Yowzers, only a week between the shows -- makes it really tough for those of us who are traveling 3 days each way - barely home and then turn right back around, or take them all to both shows and wonder if the stress will affect them --- duh, of course it will affect them! Guess I will have to decided between them . . . drats!

Looks like I'll have to decide between them also. I'm not going to A) keep them away from home, while moving them twice, for almost 4 weeks or B) drive them from OK back to MO, then back past OK to TX a couple of days later. I mean, how do you do that especially if you have jr horses? Just seems like too much on them. I hate to make the choice, but it's an easy one for us. We'll skip Nationals and go to Worlds. Bummer, I was hoping to make both like years past.
default_no.gif

Well, what has thrown off just about every horse show schedule is that no one took into account that 2008 was a leap year. Here is another problem for those that travel from the World Show (July 21-24, 2009) is that the ASPC Congress also runs from July 28-August 1st the next week. The normal dates for the Congress should have been the first week of August. So those folks that show at the Worlds will also be doing some thinking as to whether they want to show there or the ASPC Congress.

Karen

AMHR Nationals is Sept 9 thru the 19th. I don't know about the AMHA dates.
The Ohio World Championship Show is July 21 thru 24th for AMHR miniatures and shetlands
I was just on the AMHR website and under press release and January 2009 they have the dates of Nationals September 4th-13th.

So my question is....when is it really????

If it was the 2nd set of dates, it would help give more time for people to go from nationals to worlds.

On web = Tulsa State Fair calendar of events:

National Mini Show Sept 10 - Sept 19 2009

Rather than doing a lot of driving back and forth some people lay over at one facility or the other or some layover at Ridgecrest here in Oklahoma City. If anyone plans to layover at Ridgecrest make reservations early. they fill up.

Charlotte

[SIZE=14pt]The correct date is Sept 9 -- Sept 19,2009 .. [/SIZE]
default_saludando.gif

Latest posts

Back