2007 foaling season is over for us

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nootka

Reaction score
our latest foal is a filly!

A beautiful black (?) filly by aAprina in Pharaoh's Freeanda (Falcon) and out of our mare, Raftered Hearts Raven Star (Lailah)!

I had checked Lailah at about 9:45 and she was just standing shifting from foot to foot a little, but not pacing or anything. I looked in 20 minutes later and there was baby!

I thought I saw a light bay and after sprinting to the barn, found baby still in the sac completely covered and gurgling!!!

:eek:

I tore it open and she started trying to stand up!

She was up and nursing within 30 minutes. Both parents have stars, but this one has none. Her full sibling, Lark didn't, either, though.

She reminds me a lot of big sister, Lark, just much darker.
default_smile.png

Here are a few photos (she really is folded up and a little on the lax side).

This is three for three fillies Lailah has given us!

So glad I was checking on her as often as I was. I think ten more minutes and I would have been burying this girl. This foaling season's been a real reminder for me to absolutely NOT turn my back.

07fillya.jpg

07fillyb.jpg

07fillyc.jpg

07fillyd.jpg

Big brother Pyro will be glad to get to know her when he's allowed. There will be fireworks, for sure.

Would be interested in name suggestions and thinking something with Raven in it since she's black...

Will post more photos when she's dry and can get outside.

Thanks for looking! I feel very lucky to have these two beautiful foals to show for the year's worth of waiting and all the stress of being unable to sleep the night through. Thank you, Kim of Crabby Chicken, for the opportunity to have two more Falcon babies!

Liz M.

She's beautiful, Liz! I'm so glad you were watching out for her!

Now we REALLY need to get down to see you!

WOW! Liz, :aktion033:

She beautiful!
default_wub.png
: Can't wait to see dry pix!

Bill

Oh Liz!!! She's lovely! Thank God you got her out of the sac! I think she would have died in another minute or two. That was CLOSE! We've saved one that way too. Whew!

She has no star like mom or dad. Kind of like a Dark Night Raven or an Eclipse Raven!

Or even a RAVEN BEAUTY!

I'm so happy for you! Congratulations!!!

[SIZE=14pt]YAY!!![/SIZE]

She is a doll! And Falcon is proud. he may get a cookie for this one! Glad you got to her in time. Your barn is not that close to the house!!!! How scary.

I am so excited for you!!!!!!!

Lailah looks great, love the butt lips she has in the one photo of her kissing her baby!!!!!

CONGRATS, hope she is a nice calm little filly to show!

Last edited by a moderator:
Congratulations Liz, now you can sleep again!

Lyn :aktion033:

What a little beauty! So glad you were there. :new_shocked: Those mares are sooo sneaky, wish they knew they need us more than they think!

Raven's Wing

Spirit of Raven

Raven's Treasure

Black Gold

Raven's Secret

:aktion033: Congrats :aktion033:

She is a very cute foal, nice looking black filly

Great save!! :aktion033:

Congratulations, can't wait to see her unfolded, dried off pics. If she's anything like her older sister, she's going to be a knockout!
default_yes.gif
:

Beautiful Baby!! Congrats :aktion033: Glad your like me and always checking. Now get some rest so you can enjoy playing with the little darling
default_yes.gif
: Joyce

Thanks, everyone!

She's very precocious. I think maybe she got an adrenaline surge from having a close call in the sac. She charged right up, even Martin was impressed!

Her mom was the last black filly we had, and of course, it would have been nice to get a little star, I'm just glad she's here and it was nice to get a girl again.

It's a nice day out so she'll get to go play in the sun. More photos in a bit.

I like Raven Eclipse, REO, and/or Secret, Amy!
default_smile.png

Her granddam was my now-deceased Orion granddaughter so we've tried to keep the names "celestial" to a degree.

This is the quickest foaling Lailah's ever had, and I am glad I didn't let any more than twenty minutes pass between checks. Her bag wasn't very tough, it just hadn't broken. Maybe she would have done it herself, but I would hate to have found her gone like my 2003 colt...with just the sac over his nose and mouth.

Good luck to all who still have foals to get born!

Liz M.

Congrats, Liz, on such a beautiful filly!

I love her mom's gorgeous head too :)

Susan O.

Back